Any idea what this hose should be connected to? | FerrariChat

Any idea what this hose should be connected to?

Discussion in '612/599' started by z8virginia, Mar 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. z8virginia

z8virginia Rookie

May 10, 2006
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Carter
    #1 z8virginia, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I opened the panel to get to the battery charger and found this hose on my new to me 2007 GTB. Not connected at one and end and runs through a grommet out the trunk at the rear of the car on the other end. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Looks like the battery vapor hose. Should plug in somewhere at the top of the battery. Some batteries do not have it though.

3. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    #3 cwwhk, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. z8virginia

z8virginia Rookie

May 10, 2006
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Carter
    Thanks. I took the panel off today. I have an interstate battery and it doesn't seem to have a vent to connect it to.

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Many of the AGM batteries do not have a vent. Conventional lead/acid batteries often do, especially if in a confined space, like your 599. My Interstate MTP-91 has one. I believe the original battery in your 599 was a FIAMM L3 80+. Not sure if that had a vent or not. Does not show in the FIAMM catalog.

6. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    The Interstate AGM batteries are vented. There are two holes on either end of the battery. The Interstate battery is supplied with a plug that is moulded into the removable cover that is on the positive terminal. You are supposed to cut this plug from the cover, install it in the opposite end of the vent and then plug your original 90 degree plastic vent hose adapter in the hole on the vented side. Many installers do not know this and throw away the plug with the cover and leave the plastic 90 degree adapter in the old battery. You should install both the plug and 90 degree adapter connected to the vent hose in order to prevent the battery from gassing inside the trunk.

7. z8virginia

z8virginia Rookie

May 10, 2006
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Carter
    Thanks. I noted the small hole on the negative side of the battery. I appreciate the level of detail in the explanation - extremely helpful. I can get this corrected now.