Sessanta for sale | FerrariChat

Sessanta for sale

Discussion in '612/599' started by haroonok, Mar 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Very nice Sessanta, even if some of the easily recognizable features like two tone paint and Sessanta wheels are missing on this one. If true, the one of four RHD UK Sessantas is an interesting statistic.

2. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula
  3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    When selling a Sessanta, why doesn't anyone take a picture of the badge?

4. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    Great interior color spec. Leather on seats looks a little weird, like it's loose.

Wheels much better imo than the original sessanta wheels, but wonder how that will affect value....

I believe some sessantas were factory painted in one color. Would be cool if this was one of them. RHD and monochromatic. Geez.

I have never seen the center console of a sessanta, but in the pictures the console is completely different than that of a "regular" 612. Anyone know if that's the way they were or perhaps this is a custom console?

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I saw a thread recently where someone was selling the Sessanta wheels, so the buyer could restore the car to original if he picked those up.

6. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Don- There are two photos showing a chunk of the 60th badge, but you are right, I would take one of the badge only if I were trying to sell her. She predates the OTOs, or that is what I would have thought she was.

7. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Those look like challenge wheels, which I think were an option on the Sessanta. They were certainly an option on the OTO, and a quick google search shows a number of Sessanta pictures with those wheels.

As for the center console, I didn't realize the Sessanta was that different from the OTO. Interesting.

8. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Is there a dedicated "60th" badge, or is it the 612 sessanta emblem? I googled and didn't find anything else.

I like the combination a lot. I like the ext color, I love the int color. I'm curious too the center console is different than my '09. My car is put away so I don't recall exactly but one thing for sure the cup holder is different, the button placement is diff.
    I can't tell does that car have ccb disks?

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Al- Yes, she has CCMs, which were standard on the Sessanta. You can see the 6 piston caliper in the front. The discs do not look huge because they were only 380 mm and do not look that large inside 20" wheels.

Interesting on the center console. Probably not mentioned in the Sessanta thread because they came out at least 6 months before the OTOs.

Seems like I saw a Sessanta WSM, which is probably the one to use for the OTO, too. Do not have a copy of that one. Would be nice to go through the engine details and see if I could figure out the differences between the F-133F and F-133H engines.

10. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    #11 greybeast, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula

This is the second mono colour Sessanta I've seen, and it also had ball polished wheels like my OTO. (The other was pozzi with iroko that belonged to Roger Penske)

As far as I have seen, all Sessanta's have the unique center console as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Is there no center armrest in the Sessanta? Strange deletion in a car like the 612.

13. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I believe it just has a button for reverse. Probably better than the t-handle anyway-- certainly less likely to break off. Same thing as the 599 has. In fact, that little panel looks a lot like the 599 console.

14. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Every Sessanta has a unique badge commemorating a specific event in Ferrari history.

15. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I actually sent an inquiry. It's my perfect Ferrari, aside for the steering wheel being on the wrong side. Of all the Ferrari's I've owned, the 612 brought the most practical enjoyment. Of all the F1's, the superfast in the 599 was amazing. Colors combo is fantastic. Not sure I'm ready for another one yet. Not sure it's legal to import. But I could see myself happy for many, many years with this one. Would be fun as hell driving a right hand drive car in the U.S. I give this 1 chance in 20 at this point, but I'm curious the legalities, logistics, price, etc.

16. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Sadly it's a non starter to import to US as not US model. In 15 years time when the car will be 25 you'll be good to import.

Also very impractical to drive RHD on right side of the road (I have done it). Right home for this car is UK or other RHD market like Australia etc

17. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #18 Piper, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    :( Yeah, not surprised. Shame though.

18. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula

You can bring it in as a "show and display " 2,500 miles per year.

Historically significant vehicle.....

If you really want to pursue it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    That would actually be perfect. Really, perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

20. 1961GTE

1961GTE Rookie

Aug 26, 2012
    Buckinghamshire UK
    Full Name:
    Sean
    #21 1961GTE, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just following on from a couple of the posts in the thread I thought I'd attach some images of the Sessanta interior including the individual Sessanta 'token' and the different centre console and dashboard/dials. Also posted as good an image of the wheels as I have. The car is currently having some pre-summer work done at DK Engineering in the UK. Then I'll get some better shots taken!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    Looks like this one has some pretty significant leather shrinkage on the rear shelf.

22. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Very nice! Thanks for the pictures.

23. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    +1
    centre console very different to other 612's.

24. Ferrrrarrrri

Ferrrrarrrri Rookie

Aug 7, 2004
    SE PA
    Full Name:
    Barry
    Looks like its sold