Bose Media System / Speed limit | FerrariChat

Bose Media System / Speed limit

Discussion in '612/599' started by Slitzer, Apr 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Slitzer

Slitzer Rookie

Oct 13, 2016
    Hi,

Does anyone got the manual for the Bose Media System to a Scaglietti 2008?
    Need to find the adjustment for speed limit setting. (Any tips appreciated )

Thanks !

/C

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    If I remember correctly, you push the little "Menu" button, rotate the outer ring of the right knob to "Vehicle Options" and poke around in the menus there. It's in there somewhere.

3. Slitzer

Slitzer Rookie

Oct 13, 2016
    Thanks for info.
    I think this refers to earlier models.

My cars has the four button panel under the cluster, not on the steering wheel.
    /C

4. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I have the Bose Media system in my 2007 and I have the manual. So i suspect they are the same.

However, i dont see any adjustment for "speed limit setting". If you want to tell me more specifically about what you are looking for i will be happy to look for it in the book. There is nothing under "speed" in the index. The chapters are: Overview, Broadcast Sources, Digital Sources, Navigation, Phone, Voice Commands, Options and Index.

Under the Options category it gives you "options" for each of the chapter headings plus other options. So there is a "Navigation Options" but it is related to the navigation system. There is also a "Vehicle Options" and the only thing close is the option to either have the door lock or not at 10 mph. They call that the "Speed Door Lock".

Separately i do have a PDF of the car owners manual that i could send to you.

Let me know.

Ron

5. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I think he is talking about the speed warning feature, which I think is in there somewhere. But I could be confusing it with one of my other cars.

6. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    What do you mean by "speed warning"? That i am not going fast enough? Never got that warning. :)

7. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    You've never driven in Switzerland, I take it. You don't want to be over the limit there, trust me. And yes, my 612 has been to Switzerland...