DMSAutomotive | FerrariChat

DMSAutomotive

Discussion in '612/599' started by odf911, Apr 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    anyone with experience of DMSAutomotive?

2. HKS479

HKS479 Karting

Sep 23, 2015
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Not in a Ferrari but I had a DMS chipped BMW E60 535D, 385hp and 700nm. It felt very factory, would definitely do it again. I think DMS is or was quite respected in BMW circles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Thanks. Did you feel a noticeable power increase or was is more in the way the car responded in general?

4. HKS479

HKS479 Karting

Sep 23, 2015
    Zurich, Switzerland

Oh yes! There was big increase in grunt and the top end was better too. It was worth reving out and kept pulling much higher up the rev range. Remember this was a diesel!

Its interesting, at first the car felt out of sorts. Driving it the 70 miles home from the chip install I was really dubious. The gearbox felt all wrong and it just didn't seem very together or producing much extra power. By the time I got home I was ready to take it straight back to reverse the programming.

However next day I had a pre arranged day out in London with wife and small children so just driving normally, traffic, etc. It was about 100+ miles round trip. Car felt fine but I didn't push it at all.

But after this trip the car was transformed. Its like the engine and gearbox had to relearn. If anything it felt better than factory, cleaner, freer reving and fuel economy also improved a bit.

I never had any issues with the car which I kept for about another 18 months. I only sold it because I moved to Switzerland and would do it again if I bought a similar car.

However a german diesel engine with twin turbos has lots of scope for tuning. Its actually the gearbox that holds back the torque it can produce. Tuning a NA petrol engine is a different story in terms of possible gains but for sure if you have good petrol supply the default safety net can be relaxed a bit to get a better tune.

Jeremy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk