GTO being offered | FerrariChat

GTO being offered

Discussion in '612/599' started by Maximus1973, Apr 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Gents, been recently offered a 599GTO in red with very low milage. What would be a good price for such a car AND will this be a sane investment?
    I have too many cars at the moment and an 812 and 488challenge on the way, so this will be just a garage queen unfortunately.

Thoughts are much appreciated.

2. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    what part of the world are you in . I recently bought a 3500 mile GTO also red. I assume Very low miles would be under 1000 of which a member here recently bought one with 300 miles you might look at my thread GTO FINALLY from a few weeks ago .. Pm me and I would be glad to tell you might price ..If that helps RICHs price would be more relevant.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I think OP is in Europe so presumably he could look up relevant asking prices somewhere like classicdriver.com

4. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    I'm in the North of Europe.
    And low mileage means 3500miles.

5. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Value of GTO depends of livery and interior. Example, GTO with electric seats are harder to sell and at a cheaper price. If sport seats (textile or alcantara), excellent condition, red exterior and max. 10.000 km you should expect 700.000€. And each km lower/higher +/- 5€/km.

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Price seems all over the place. From 500k for 1m.

If you can get a Red GTO with 3500miles for 600k, i think it would be a good investment (10 years+).

7. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    The problem with cars as investment is you can't drive them much since the miles work against your investment. So the fun of ownership is limited IMO. So I never buy such expensive cars that I have to concern myself with thinking of the investment potential.

8. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    if you are speaking US dollars I can tell you this would be hard to do . however in euros maybe.. don't know pricing in anything but USA. but in the USA not likely to get a red 3500 mile GTO for $600 K...closer to 700K unless it has unusual livery or other issues..

9. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    European Market as he is from Europe and i was suggesting that price for him as an investment which is part of the reason he is considering it. If the ask is already at 700k Euros, im not sure there is much to make.

10. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Unless it's a one-of-one - preferably of some significance, if an investment. Then it'll always be the lowest-mile example no matter how far it's driven.

11. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Agree i was responding to your suggestion of 600k and simply stating 600k euro maybe but in the USA cost would more like $700k
    And who knows if its a good investment probably not but then again a whole lot more fun then bank stock or other investment.

12. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Why do we,talk about being "offered" cars, there are loads of GTO for sale......if you want one buy one. No need to wait to be offered.

13. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

I looked at the market recently, and in continental Europe, found a few 5000km examples at around €550k (dealing rather than asking prices). RHD market is significantly higher. The GTO market seems soft in tone, but not necessarily reflected in asking prices.

Not sure what you mean. Sometimes you literally get offered cars even when you are not actively looking for one - fairly common in the private (as opposed to dealer) world. It appears to be the case here.

14. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    He might have been offered that particular car from a private party and he just wants to hear fchat's opinion on how much he should pay should he want to buy as an investment.

15. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I think to own a GTO and never enjoy that engine is to deny oneself one of the greatest V12 sounds ever.

16. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

17. ccferrari

ccferrari Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Ditto. And, to feel how beautifully matched the engine, transmission and suspension are. All that track time in the 599XX translated into the street version 599GTO is a real gift to us. The magic in the GTO is in the driving...look at it all you want and you will not "know" it and why it is so special.

18. Veloce12

Veloce12 Karting

Aug 19, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Brady
    Ccferrari: well said! And don't forget the downshifts, the sound! My God the sound!!!

19. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Amen to that one.

20. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Larry, I'm living in Northern Neck VA and hope/pray to see your GTO blasting through the many amazing rural roads we have here. I'll be in a pretty amazing sounding V8 M3 until I progress further in life over time to purchase CGT or my very first V12 Ferrari.

21. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ferrari of Houston has a silver one, on the showroom floor, that would be a price point for comparison

22. tmario

tmario Formula Junior

May 11, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Mario
    If so, I find it funny because they said they sold that a while ago but I don't believe them. A wee bit of manipulation methinks...great cars, though. I would buy another someday.

23. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm sorry.. The 599 GTO is a gimmick. do as you will.

24. tmario

tmario Formula Junior

May 11, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Mario
    No gimmick. Just a great car, whatever the name.

25. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    I did......thank you.