599 Pumping Gas Problem | FerrariChat

599 Pumping Gas Problem

Discussion in '612/599' started by yingfu, May 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yingfu

yingfu Rookie

Sep 1, 2016
    Taiwan
    Hi, this is my first time post, and would like to let everyone here know how much I've enjoyed reading all the Ferrari ownership experiences here.

I have a problem with my 599 in the past few months, i.e. difficult pumping gas into the gas tank. I usually drop by the gas station to get refilled after a somewhat active drive on the freeway. The problem is when I try to fill the gas tank which should only have less than 25% of the fuel, the vapor in the tank seems too much that the nozzle will click off immediately. I will have to park the car and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes before the gas can start to be pumped into the tank. I have sent the car back to the dealership 3 times already but they still can't solve the problem.

Has anyone here experienced the same problem? Any recommendation?

2. AndrewG2

AndrewG2 Karting

Feb 22, 2013
    Las Vegas NV
    I can't help with the car part of the problem but if the gas pump has the rubber vapor recovery sleeve on it just pull the sleeve up towards the handle with one hand and press the lever with the other. This will stop the pump from shutting off any allow you to fill up your tank without delay.

3. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    I'm assuming you are in CA? Some of the gas pumps have a flaw with their design, it happens on when I'm pumping gas to both Lambo and Ferrari. My solution is I would find some gas station has the different design which I can do it like normal and keep going to them only.
    However, this doesn't happen to me in Northeast states.

4. yingfu

yingfu Rookie

Sep 1, 2016
    Taiwan
    Thanks. I'm in Taiwan.
    I'm not sure if it's the gas pump issue because it's not just the nozzle will click off, I can see that the fuel in the tank seems trying to gush out even though the tank is only 25% full.

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    The 360's have this issue on occasion. Turning the nozzle upside down can help because it changes how the gas flows down the pipe. It can also be a symptom of a plugged evaporative canister (emissions control equipment) but I don't know if they use those in Taiwan.