Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > 612/599

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Decision on a 599 GTB

Hi,
I am the happy owner of a Maserati Gransport with some modifications and a Audi R8. After a few years with my cars I am thinking is time to sell these babies and go for a 599, is a powerful and lovely car.

I have the opportunity to buy one in my city but I am not very sure about it. I found pics and info on internet about it (chassis 147548) and maybe is not a good deal.

This is how looks like right now, https://www.advantage-cars.cz/en/car...2-gtb-fiorano/

And this years ago, 147548 | Ferrari - Lamborghini Register Nederland

Some one can give me more info about this car? The "production" car doesnīt have front parking sensors, also the front grill looks cheap in the actuality. The car is painted so bad because is not a complete change of color, you can see the original color when open the doors, trunk, etc... .

Do you think this car could have had an accident?

Thank you in advance for your replys .

(Sorry for my bad english)
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-11-2017, 05:30 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: CH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridentity View Post
Hi,
I am the happy owner of a Maserati Gransport with some modifications and a Audi R8. After a few years with my cars I am thinking is time to sell these babies and go for a 599, is a powerful and lovely car.

I have the opportunity to buy one in my city but I am not very sure about it. I found pics and info on internet about it (chassis 147548) and maybe is not a good deal.

This is how looks like right now, https://www.advantage-cars.cz/en/car...2-gtb-fiorano/

And this years ago, 147548 | Ferrari - Lamborghini Register Nederland

Some one can give me more info about this car? The "production" car doesnīt have front parking sensors, also the front grill looks cheap in the actuality. The car is painted so bad because is not a complete change of color, you can see the original color when open the doors, trunk, etc... .

Do you think this car could have had an accident?

Thank you in advance for your replys .

(Sorry for my bad english)
The matte finish paint is not original from the pictures you share. Also the wheels have been changed to so possibly an accident in the past would justify these change. The car has a lot of power and is somewhat traction limited so it can 'get away from the driver' quite easily.
Try to find an original paint color 599 and a model year 2008 or later. Note the oil filled shocks the 599 uses can over time leak. Rubber components on older cars need replacing to.
You might also consider the more modern Ferrari FF that has a better transmission more power yet better traction especially in the wet. The only real negative is the shooting brake 2 + 2 design that is not universally popular. The older build (compared to the FF) 599 models are starting to show their age now.
Happy Hunting!
Old 06-17-2017, 06:25 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: David
Is it a wrap or some kind of flat respray ?
Do they have a Carfax equivalent in CZ ?
Perhaps the dealers can give you more info on the car.

Also note the car has steel brakes.
Not a deal killer just something to note.

IMO its always better to get the car you want than the cheapest car you can afford.

I always say buy the car not the color.
The one exception is Ferrari;

RED
Old 06-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Thank you for your replies guys.

I already canceled the purchase and I going to take the summer to looking for a +2008 599 with CCM brakes. I donīt want to take a bad decision.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:50 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: CH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridentity View Post
Thank you for your replies guys.

I already canceled the purchase and I going to take the summer to looking for a +2008 599 with CCM brakes. I donīt want to take a bad decision.
Maybe ask the service manager of your local Ferrari dealership if he knows of any 599 models possibly for sale. He will see all the 599 models that his dealership sold/serviced and will know the car's owners to. Maybe a Ferrari club would be another possible source to talk to about the 599 market?
Good Luck with your search!