New owner :) ferrari ppi fine but lambda feelers light? | FerrariChat

New owner :) ferrari ppi fine but lambda feelers light?

Discussion in '612/599' started by pierre_l, Jun 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pierre_l

pierre_l Rookie

Jan 15, 2006
    Dear all,

As per my previous post, I got the car checked at ferrari geneva and am now the owner.

I went for a 700km / 400Mi trip down to St Tropez which was a lot of joy.

Unfortunately on the way, precisely first time I went above 3500rpm in 6th gear, the lambda feelers light came on - 69'500km, 14 years / anyone has experience with lambda feelers change ? anything else could cause? maybe fuel filter?

Best regards,
    Pierre

2. swiss612

swiss612 Karting

May 10, 2016
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Michel
    Hi Pierre,
    I am glad you took the car for a long drive, that's what they are meant for
    Sorry to hear you are in trouble with it already
    The 612 does not display lambda sensor faults, so I guess you mean the engine light is on, it can mean many things and not necessarily lambda ( coils, plugs, wires, injectors...)
    My advice is to get it to a Ferrari dealer directly, they will locate the issue, it is likely a small thing so don't worry

By the way, it would be great if you could post pictures of your car

Let us know what you find

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    The engine light leaves codes so as noted above to have it checked would be useful

It could be as simple as fuel cap not tight (very common with new owners) or the car simply has not been driven much and the sudden use above 3500 revs surprised the system (over-simplification but its to do with unburnt fuel)

4. pierre_l

pierre_l Rookie

Jan 15, 2006
    thanks guys!

no pictures other than the ones on the truck a few minutes ago :(

precisely: the car, once connected to the pbd, says missfire 4-5-6

on way to dealer now - otherwise a GREAT car, I had a blast driving down here and am looking forward to have it back up and running

will keep you guys posted