Manettino Failure | FerrariChat

Manettino Failure

Discussion in '612/599' started by leorb, Jun 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leorb

leorb Rookie

Apr 14, 2015
    Full Name:
    Leorb
    Hi,
    I have a 599 with a problem we are not finding. Any help would be great.

The car shows Manettino Failure on the instruments but doing a scan with an sd3 it show an error code in the NSC (suspension), wich does´t erase.
    The error code is ¨U1700 (D700) No communication with NBC¨.

The thing is I don´t have any wiring diagram or technical manual to check this fault.

Also I don´t know if this fault could be the one responsible for the Manettino failure or they are independent.

Manettino error code in NVO is ¨B1001 knob¨.

I would really appreciate any kind of help you could give me.

2. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    When you have multiple codes, especially communication codes. There is probably one system that has a problem and other systems are looking for information from that system and are not getting it, so they have faults as well. The first thing to do is to check all your fuses to make sure that all systems are getting powered up.

3. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
  4. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    It is not a leaking shock is causing the issue, as that would result in a fault code specific to that shock absorber.

He has a fault code in the suspension system (NCS) which is a communication error with the NBC (body computer). This means that the NCS is looking for some information from the NBC that it is not receiving.

5. chris-w

chris-w Rookie

May 1, 2013
    London
    I had the same error and it ended up being a failed bearing speed sensor on the front wheel hub. The speed sensor is not a small part to replace either as its inside the complete hub assembly.

Cost me about 2K to get it sorted.

6. Kevin Borley

Kevin Borley Rookie

Oct 19, 2017
    Full Name:
    Kevin Borley
    Hi, I have ABS, Manettino and CST system failure messages due to a faulty wheel bearing and speed sensor. This was diagnosed by Ferrari so I agree one system error can trigger other system failures. I was quoted £754 to replace it.

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I had a volley of errors: manettino, suspension, abs, transmission, the dash board lit up like a Christmas tree... it was due to a faulty parking sensor which was nailed by a pebble on the highway...

8. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    My manettino failure was caused by a bad brake light sensor switch, located down in the pedal cluster. Cheap and easy fix.