612 transmission | FerrariChat

612 transmission

Discussion in '612/599' started by GranCruBa, Jul 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GranCruBa

GranCruBa Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Bernardsville, NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris S.
    Upon startup, my 2010 612 OTO always defaults to "Auto" mode making it necessary to push the Auto button to get it into manual mode.

Is there a way to bypass this so that Auto mode is only selected if I want it selected?

2. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula
    You should be able to leave it in quick access manual mode where the small triangle is showing on the gear indicator and once you pull the paddle it will be in manual mode. It will default to quick access mode and be automatic when you switch off the engine but ready to go to full manual again once started and the paddles are pulled during a shift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Mine always starts in quick access mode. All you have to do is pull a paddle while moving, and it will go to manual mode. Not button pushing necessary.

I think they did that to improve the EPA fuel economy ratings.

4. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have noticed the same thing. It will stay in Auto mode until you use the paddles then a little red square on the left instrument dial pops to show manual mode is engaged. Also I was thinking that in auto mode it shifts sooner and may be the default in the event the engine is not warmed completely?

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The OTOs have the 599 Superfast I software, which is different from earlier 612s with F1A. Not sure the 612 OMs ever caught up, since they still say OTOs have single plate dry clutches, which they do not. Looking at a 599 OM may give more hints on exactly how Superfast I works compared to the old F1A.