67 Corvette | FerrariChat

67 Corvette

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by ForzaV12, Sep 11, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #1 ForzaV12, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've always been a fan of the C2s-here's mine.
    1967 327/350hp, cr 4spd, factory side pipes and AC. Pretty rare color combo blue over white. 48K original. I've spent the last few months upgrading it a bit. Not a fan of restomods(big flashy wheels on old muscle isn't for me), so I tried to remain true to the era. All new suspension pieces, black poly bushings, beefier strut rods, axles, competition springs(lowered 1") Konis, Greenwood bars, old school Americans, V-rated Pirellis, etc. With a proper alignment geared towards cornering it should handle pretty well for an old beast.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Counilmanmark

Counilmanmark Rookie

Jul 12, 2010
    California
    Full Name:
    Councilman Mark
    Absolutely gorgeous. I'm jealous. Wish I had both my 67's back!

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #3 WILLIAM H, Sep 11, 2010
    1 of the most beautiful car designs IMO right up there w the E Type jag and nice Ferraris

I'd love to get 1 or 2, coupe & roadster would be ideal :)

I heard the design was inspired by Alfa's Disco Volante

I'm still restoring my 68 roadster. Gonna redo the interior so it looks like a Lusso inside :)

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Nice car Steve........

William.......

That Alfa looks like a clown shoe.

5. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    #5 rdefabri, Sep 11, 2010
    That is the exact year, body, and color I wanted. I prefer the rally wheels, but that is a nice car. I passed on one since they were out of my price range and got this instead:

6. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #6 ForzaV12, Sep 11, 2010
    Thanks

Thanks. I agree-the E-Type is also an iconic design and one of my favorites.

Thanks

I had a '68 XKE-great car!
    I've got the original wheels for the Corvette(one year specific to the '67, I think?-see pic below), just setting it up for a little canyon action for now.

7. Counilmanmark

Counilmanmark Rookie

Jul 12, 2010
    California
    Full Name:
    Councilman Mark
    I didn't want to say it but I love the 1967 with the original rally wheels which were unique only to 1967 Corvette models. 1967 was really the first year of a "styled steel wheel with a center cap and trim ring". Previous models had either hubcaps or rarely knock off wheels. The 1968 rims were wider when the body style changed. The 68 was a piece of crap. The 69 was very nice and refined, and 1970 was essentially the same as 71 and 72 except the engine compressions were being lowered and the really good options were being assassinated by the tree huggers and environmentalists.

8. Counilmanmark

Counilmanmark Rookie

Jul 12, 2010
    California
    Full Name:
    Councilman Mark
    you did really well. Very sexy XKE!

9. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I'd love to get an XKE roadster, although a DB9 Volante seems to have lots of the same flavor

10. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I like the original wheels too. Although I prefer them with no trim rings or center caps. I grew up around Riverside International Raceway and the first thing folks did to their cars was mod them for performance. So, I guess that's why the Vette has some period performance mods-the cars do drive much better with a few tweaks and I do plan to chase the newer cars(futilely, I'm sure) through the canyons, etc.
    I've also always had a soft spot for the sports cars of the 60s and currently have the Corvette, a '67 911S(with roadrace/lightening mods), the GTC(haven't figured out a way to improve it!) and an FIA 289 Cobra(by Unique). I guess I should look into a representative from the Brits to complete the 60s collection. I really miss my 68 E-Type roadster.

11. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

12. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    #12 nerd, Sep 12, 2010
    Every time you post a photo of your E-Type, I run to the garage to make sure mine is still there!

Awesome Vette!

13. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Yep agreed, the 67 rally wheels / hubs are very cool. Heck of a lot easier to clean than wire wheels! :)

14. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I was trying to do something similar - a different car from a different region and different decade. Had a '72 Datsun 240z, but sold it to get the E-Type solid. I'll work on that target though, and I envy your collection - very sweet!

15. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Your E is sweet too - very nice!

16. Counilmanmark

Counilmanmark Rookie

Jul 12, 2010
    California
    Full Name:
    Councilman Mark
    Awesome E type.

17. Counilmanmark

Counilmanmark Rookie

Jul 12, 2010
    California
    Full Name:
    Councilman Mark
    Is that white thing in a middle of the 67 Corvette and the Ferrari somebodies lawn mower?

18. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Great Vette. Thanks for posting it!

19. gerard.hansen

gerard.hansen Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    #19 gerard.hansen, Mar 7, 2011
    Here is mine 400 hp Tri Power 4 speed with factory AC. Goodwood Green.Bought it for five grand in '78. I sold it back in 1985 and it turned up again for sale a couple of years ago as a fully documented 435 complete with bogus tank sticker and window sticker. They restamped a block and took the AC out, added big brakes. If you ever see the Mecom auction advertisment it is on there for a split second with the hood up.

20. Counilmanmark

Counilmanmark Rookie

Jul 12, 2010
    California
    Full Name:
    Councilman Mark
    I frequently watch the Meecum auctions and am often asounded at some of the cars I see being represented as "documented" original cars. Your 67 was a steal when you originally bought it. Taking the air conditioning out of it was one of the worst things that could have been done to it's resale value. Restamping of the block and various things like that is just down right fraud, misrepresentation and obviously would be actionable by a subsequent buyer that relied on it. I saw a black 67 coupe, this past weekend represented as an original 435 HP car with the red stinger hood. It was gorgeous but if you or I paid $100,000 for it as the buyer did, and found it was not what it was supposed to be, I imagine you like I would be suing everyone for the difference between the misrepresentation and the actual value of the vehicle we had purchased. Lastly, the "knock off" wheels in 1967 were not really knock off wheels. The true knock offs were outlawed at the end of the 1966 model production year. The wheels are gorgeous and I love them especially because they are unique to 1967. In 1967, guys my age were serving in Viet Nam or were on deferred student status. There weren't too many of us that could buy a new 1967 Corvette and as a result of supply and demand, there were only 21,000 produced by Chevrolet that year. In 1966, the model was about 2 1/2 times that at a little over 60,000. Of course, 1968 was a terrible first year car with a bad electrical system, ugly body, and was sort of a left over from the mid year models with the key still on the dash, the primitive door handles, the primitive seats with no headrests, and the ugly side vents. 1969 was really the beginning of the first really classy Sting Rays with a myriad of improvements. One of the things I constantly notice on Meecum auctions is that the ignition shielding is missing from most of the early seventy Corvettes. That hides the spark plug wiring from the distributor and runs the wires down the side of each head. It is not only beautiful, but it supresses the radio static because of the fiber glass body that allows radio interference through it without the protection. The other thing I see frequently is that the 1968 through 1972 models have had the door removed for the windshield wipers, or those door have been chromed, and when they have been removed, many owners put the ugly 1973 hood on the car to conceal the abortion job they have done to the windshield wiper door. They should have just fixed the vacuum problem and left the car original. I have a set of 1963 Sting Ray ignition shielding and some NOS parts in the rafters of my garage. Too bad I consider them priceless as money becomes less and less valuable.

21. Counilmanmark

Counilmanmark Rookie

Jul 12, 2010
    California
    Full Name:
    Councilman Mark
    I love those rally wheels. Those were also unique and the first year Chevrolet brought them out on the Corvette. You car is gorgeous. I wish I had one of the two 1967's I had and sold for greed making a huge profit back in the late 1970's.

22. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Count me in as one of the guys who like the 68 cars. I like the 69 cars as well but the 68s were very clean looking to me (4 red taillights, no Stingray emblems, etc).

RMX

23. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
  24. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #24 tazandjan, Mar 9, 2011
    Steve- I had a 67 427/390 roadster, blue with blue, and actually put 69 8" rally wheels on it. Fit fine and toughened up the look. If those are too wide, there were also 7" rally wheels on the 68 Vette. I had American 200S wheels on it originally, but it just looked better with the rally wheels. Also looks good with the factory bolt ons copied from the knock-offs.

By the way, this was in the late 60s and early 70s, and here is a photo from 1971 or so with the 200S wheels.

Incidentally, I think a 67 coupe or convertible with A/C is one of the most desirable daily driver Corvettes ever built and probably the best looking by far. And that is from someone who owned 10 Corvettes, from a 1961 to an 08 Z06.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

25. pearsonhaus

pearsonhaus Formula 3

Jul 2, 2008
    +1 The '67 coupe is hard to beat, beautiful car...