New 2014 Stingray | FerrariChat

New 2014 Stingray

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by leead1, May 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I am so excited :) I just placed an order for the new Stingray. I am not sure when I will get the car the dealer told me Sept.

I sold my 2009 ZR1 in preparation for the new vette. I really miss my ZR1. I am really looking forward to driving the new Vette. The pictures look awesome. I am have withdrawal pains without the ZR1.

Every new Vette chasis I have owned has been better than the design before. The 2008 vettes where major improvements in the breed and I suspect the C7 will be better still.

Lee

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Congrats Lee!

I have a deposit down for a convertible for probably early next year. No word on convertible production start yet but they think its November. It's replacing my Maserati spyder.

I'm assuming you are getting the Z51 package and magnetic shocks?

I am buying this car for one big reason: To drive the crap out of it. :)

3. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Congrats Lee. Glad it's going to be driven. I'm sure your Vette will have some good company. Though the GT and Atom will never be out shined in my book:D
    Glad you are doing well and still enjoying yourself.

4. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Yes :)

I have not specked the car out yet. I suspect I will get the Z51 package. I am not sure about the ,agnetic shocks. I had those on my 2009 ZR1 and could not tell much difference.

Congrats on your Convertible order. My dealer told me the same delivery time. I am a little worried about the power at 450hp. this maybe too little. We will see.

Congrats and good luck with your new car

Lee

5. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Those two cars will never be bettered. I just put the Ford GT back in storage. Even today that car feels modern and fresh

Thank you for the kind words I am enjoying myself and I will never grow up
    I also drove the Mosler and the V10 Audi R8 today.

So many cars to buy and oh so little time. :)

Take care my freind and I hope you are doing well

Regards

Lee

6. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I'm sure the switch from the Mosler to the R8 is quite apparent.
    I'm doing well, hope to run into you one day around town. Friends and family always let me know about the cool care they see around lake county... Usually they are yours.lol

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Mag shocks are Gen 3 with two mag sets per shock. Also, the traction control systems are build into it (like the Manetino in Ferrari).

My guess is that it will be more like 460 hp base and 465 if you get the upgraded exhaust. For me and city driving, it's enough. The new LT1 has a ton of torque and my understanding is that it's a beast off the line.

Z51 gets you an Ediff, bigger brakes, bigger wheels, and better downforce for $2800. A steal. :)

8. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I have alot of people who stop me and talk about cars. I love it and enjoy hearing about the cars they have owned or what they like. These people treat me as if we have known each other for years, Lake county is so freindly.

Regards

Lee

9. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I will remeber this when I speck my car.

Thanks

Lee

10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Here is how I decided to spec mine: Convertible, Manual 7 speed, Z51, Magnaride, sport exhaust, 3LT interior (includes Nav). I am also getting museum delivery at the factory ($1000).

Mine will run about $71,000 plus taxes.

11. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I figure the old guy in a go kart is you...lol.
    You pick a color yet, Lee? And any idea when they hit the lots? Still want to see one in person.

12. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Sounds like a nice spec Bob. Have you done the museum before? Went about 15 years ago, and it was really cool. Haven't had a chance to make it back, but will be in the area this fall.

13. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I have decided on Laguna Blue. Almost the same as the FGT. When I get it I will let you know. I believe sept is when they will show up at dealerships.

Bob nice spec on your car. I will most likely keep my car simple and stupid so I can handle it :) With so many cars I never get good or even use most of the frills.

I did tour the plant many years ago. I lived a few minutes from the Corvette plant. I knew Jeff fairly well he was the plant manager at the time. We were both in some business affilation. Maybe the chamber of commerce I really donnot remember.

I knew many of the workers also. I had a chopper motorcycle at the time and we all rode on weekends. Do not remember many names but several were colorful. Bob was called , what else Fat Bob. And we had a fellow nicknamed "Wrench". Several of the guys were serious gang people. They were always nice to me. In fact I would say they were better freinds than several of my corporate buddies.

Lee

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #14 TheMayor, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    That is the color I want and I love the wheels. Thank you for finding this and posting.

Life is good :)

Lee

16. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    #16 jm2, May 12, 2013
  17. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    It looks short. Is that the camera angle or are the new vettes shorter than past years?

Lee

18. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    #18 joker57676, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
    I think the high roof and trunk/hatch coupled with a very flat back end give it a shorter appearance than it really is.

Mark

Edit: The Internet says the C7 is slightly longer than the C6, 177 inches v. 174.6 inches. The C7's wheel base is one inch longer than the C6, 106.7 inches v. 105.7 inches.

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #19 TheMayor, May 12, 2013
    Actually a little bigger. What's interesting is that's its about exactly same size now as the latest 911.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I am not sure about chasis design but I suspect a shorter whell base is better. I love 911.s. who doesn't :)

Lee

21. blackdr

blackdr Karting

May 20, 2008
    Jm2 just looking at the upper half of the windshield there, did they matt out the place where the roof comes off on it, or is that rubber?

22. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Good question,I can't remember.
    There is a seal where the top meets the windshield header,but I can't remember how the section is constructed . Have to wait for better pix I guess.

23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Harlan doesn't make 'house calls'?
    CH

24. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    :D
    he doesn't live too far......but he travels a great deal for his job
    I'll scrutinize the car better in the future

25. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    It looks better in real world pics than in media pics or at the car shows. It looks compact and aggressive. Still not in love with the tailights but its better looking than most cars out there.