1969 AMC AMX For Sale | FerrariChat

1969 AMC AMX For Sale

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by MRG22, Feb 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MRG22

MRG22 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    California
    Full Name:
    Mike Gulett
    #1 MRG22, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I have ALWAYS loved the look of this car. Awesome.

What I cannot stand about 70's muscle cars is the interiors full of imitation plastic wood and vinyl. The outsides are cool, the motors are cool, but too often the gearboxes and interiors bring them down big time.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Do a Resto Rod Bob

I'm doing a Lusso style interior on my 68 Vette :)

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Funny but I wonder if doing a resto rod is really just destroying an old car to create a new one.

If they did that to Duesenbergs in the 50's, (aka took out the motors and put in Chevy small blocks with auto gearboxes, put in disc brakes, added AC, etc) would we think it was great or butchery? The car runs great, looks great -- but no longer has the drive train and has added all sorts of modern gizmo's to make it more "modern".

How many Ferrari's had Chevy V8's added because they were cheaper and more reliable? Was that a good idea?

I have mixed feelings about this and tuners like Chip Foose who claim to improve a car but in fact destroy an original car to do it.

5. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    Brings back a lot of high school memories. You can easily start these with a screwdriver :D 

6. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    If the car is complete and original, I would consider doing a resto mod. But if its been tweaked and modified already, numbers don't match, then I wouldn't see a problem with it. You're saving it either way.

7. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sanjay
    #7 DoctorV8, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    "Imitation plastic wood and vinyl?"

Sir, I will have you know that 70s cars were chock full of GEN-YOU-WINE plastic wood and vinyl! WYSIWYG!

;)