Interesting short article on Corvette CERV II | FerrariChat

Interesting short article on Corvette CERV II

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by dadams73, Mar 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I don't know why that story says "found in a garage." It is my understanding the cars were donated to the Briggs Cunningham Museum in Costa Mesa,CA.
    Later on one day Briggs decided to dump all his cars in an instant and the only guy with the money and the yen for the cars was Miles Collier, whose father Briggs used to race against on the Colliers Bros. informal racetrack in NY state overlooking the Hudson. Collier's tastes are more for Euro cars so he sold those and there was some stink about GM intruding at the auction they were originally scheduled for, saying they were not sold to be resold. But there was a court case and GM lost (and I applaud the judge for this because GM was sloppy in their donation paperwork). I can't find what the auction was that it was not allowed to be sold in, maybe it was Ric Cole. At any rate I find this description in this story wholly inaccurate if it doesn't mention how the CERV I and CERV II were donated to Cunningham and thence went to Collier. If anybody has more info on how GM tried to block the sale, love to hear it.