Picking up my C7 tonight! | FerrariChat

Picking up my C7 tonight!

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by JV's89, Mar 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm about an hour away from taking delivery of my new c7. Black with Kalahari interior Z51 3LT. It's a beauty, and a pre-price hike car.

I'll post a couple of pictures in the next day, or so.

Thanks to the Mayor and others who have posted their experiences. It helped in my decision making.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Don't blame me! :)

3. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    #3 JV's89, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    John you will love the car. I really enjoy mine.

Have fun in good health

Best

Lee

5. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    No worries; I'm getting plenty of mileage with the "mid-life crisis" excuse.

This is my second or third relapse. :D

6. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks Lee.

It is awesome!

7. skelly

skelly Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2011
    That's one cool car. Congratulations, John!

I'm sure it's going to be a monster on the road and the track. It'll be interesting to hear how it compares to your C6 and particularly whether you can feel the reported increase in torsional rigidity. Did your previous car have the upgraded suspension?

On a related note, I went to the corvette forum to read a thread about the new chassis. You weren't kidding.

8. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks Sean

My c6 (also a z-51) was virtually new when I bought it, with just over 3k miles. On roads that would cause rattles and squeaks (especially the targa top) the new car doesn't make a sound. The Stingray is noticeably stiffer, but isn't overly harsh, even when in track mode.

I have always defended the interior of the c6. Mine was a 3LT optioned car, so it was pretty nice by c6 standards. There's no point in trying to compare it to the new car. Suffice it to say, those who were critical of the older cars interior were right.

I haven't delivered the c6 to her new owner so both cars are in the garage. Seeing the cars side-by-side, it's remarkable to me how dated the the c6 looks. I never thought I would say this, but I really like the rear of the Stingray, (even the lights) and prefer it to the c6.

9. Renato

Renato Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2013
    New York
    Congrats! I think I will be in the market for one soon, my wife saw a C7 and wants to trade her Carrera 4 Cabriolet for one.

Enjoy that beautiful machine!

10. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    That interior really takes the cake.

11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The black looks great; especially with those red calipers. Wonderful C7 you have there! More pics...
    CH

12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Most do not check the "3LT" option which gets you a dash like that. It's an expensive option at like 4 grand.

Worth every penny though!

I'm taking mine on a road trip from Vegas to LA on Monday. Can't wait. It's a great car to just have a ball in.

13. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    As much as I like it, I would rather have the $4k. I had no idea it was that expensive.

Hoping to make a run to Myrtle Beach in mine sometime next month. I can't wait to hit the mountain roads of WV.

14. bretm

bretm F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2001
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Bret
    Very cool. Enjoy it in good health!

15. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Nice car congrats and enjoy.

16. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I washed my Stingray for the first time yesterday. As anyone that ever washed a C6 is aware, you could never get all of the water from certain places on the car. The mirrors and tail lights retained water for days after washing. Even a leaf blower would not evacuate all of the water. The result was water streaks all over an otherwise clean car.

I'm very happy to report that this is not an issue with the Stingray! I hit the car with a leaf blower and then dried it with a chamois and had no pesky water streaks after driving it.

May seem like a small detail, but it is incredibly frustrating to spend time detailing a car only to have the effort spoiled by trapped water.

I'm glad the engineers must have been aware of the problem and corrected it with new car.

17. redzone

redzone Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 31, 2007
    Beach
    Full Name:
    John
    Awesome! Cant wait to see it! Congratulations! Looks sweet!

18. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks John!

Finally getting some decent driving weather so we'll have to get together for a beer.

19. dmaxx3500

dmaxx3500 Formula 3

Jul 19, 2008
    newer [06-14] hd silverados do this too,the trick is to drill 2 -1/8'' holes in the bottom of the mirror housings lowest spot,now no more drips

20. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Cool car.. congrats!

Next time over I must treat myself to hire one!

Over here and converted to RHD and taxes paid etc it's same price as a good F 430 though :-(