Finally, some pictures of my C7 | FerrariChat

Finally, some pictures of my C7

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by jimmyb, Apr 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #1 jimmyb, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I picked the car up (FINALLY) last Monday, and frankly, I've been driving it! So, it's a lovely day here so I snapped away. Clearly, I am no Ansel Adams but you get the idea:

Some thoughts on the C7:
    The chassis is much more rigid than the C6 (I had 2 C6 convertibles, 2005 and 2008). Certain streets around my neighborhood with some washboard surfaces leading to stop lights would set the hood to fluttering and the rear view mirror shaking on my C6's....none of this happens in the C7. The manual transmission has shorter throws (maybe 20% less) and the feel is better, less rubbery than a C6 manual. While on the transmission, I do question the need for the 7th gear. That side of the gate is particularly crowded, and I find downshifting from 7th to 6th takes a conscious effort to get 6th instead of 4th. An upside to the drivetrain is that the "rattle" that was present when taking off in 1st gear (in a C6) is GONE, my understanding is the twin disc clutch (verses single disc in the C6) is responsible (any one with a manual C5/C6 KNOWS "the rattle"). I find the steering feel quite good (and much improved over the C6). Brakes seem the same (a good thing). I have not driven it hard yet, but the torque of the LT1 is mythic. I don't think I've ever driven a car with SO much grunt. A final note on the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. They are SO much better than the Goodyear Eagle F1 runflats that came on the C6, it is literally night and day. They (the Michelins) are crisper on turn in, they ride better, they are quieter, just NO comparison in how much better they are. Anyone reading this with a C6...go buy a set of these tires (they will fit on a "regular" non GS C6) and I am 100% sure they will transform the car. And yes (as has been stated countless times), the interior is TOP NOTCH and miles better than a C6. That said, the interior is clearly more snug than the C6.

Jimmy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  3. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Just a great looking car. I love the way it drives.

Enjoy

Lee

4. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Thanks guys. This really is an outstanding car, and hopefully (and deservedly), it can lose the "for the money" moniker.

Jimmy

5. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Beautiful car Jimmy.

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Way to go! It looks perfect wearing that Cyber Gray.
    CH

7. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice! Congrats & enjoy.

8. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Looks great!

9. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Nice,congrats!

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Heck a convertible that actually looks so right with the roof down. Like it!
    Pete

11. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Thanks. It (C7 convertible) does look, go figure, like a real convertible. I have to say that I am not fond of the look of Spyder/Spider versions of the 458/MP4/Gallardo/etc because of the tall head rest/tonneau/whatever they're called. It makes the cars look like Targas...IMO and as always, YMMV.

Jimmy

12. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I really like the look of the convertible version of this car. My girlfriend is now making up her mind as to which color combo she wants.

13. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    FWIW, my dealer has one of the "Premier" edition convertibles and it is beautiful. Lime Rock Green exterior with 3LT Brownstone interior. Lime Rock Green also looks good with the Kalahari interior. Frankly, with my car and the Lime Rock Green car sitting in the showroom together, my car looked kind of plain next to the LRG convertible.

Jimmy

14. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I hope the 3LT leather dash can stand the test of time. Looks great, I just hope it doesn't shrink or fade.

15. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    I would assume (you know what happens then) that the leather dash will be just fine...they did those on the later C6's (I think 4LT was offered on the C6's starting in 2009) and I never heard of any issue with shrinkage or fading.

Jimmy

16. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't know it was option before. I didn't even know there was a 4LT trim level.

They'd eat me alive over on the Corvette forum! :)

17. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Shinkage and sticky parts only happen in Ferrari's.

18. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That's because their build quality is so much better and the Corvette is built to a price...wait, wut?

19. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I saw the photos looks really nice. Then she saw the pic of the Z06 convertible and said "I want that one"

20. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Congratulations. It's awesome. Enjoy in good health.

I am beginning to think of buying one next year with the upcoming 8 speed auto trans.

21. ALPINE6SPD

ALPINE6SPD Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2006
    NJ
    I actually like your color much more than lime rock green. I think I'm in the minority but lime rock green is the ugliest new corvette color to me by a mile. Did you get Z51?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    She decided on a white Z51 with red interior, black wheels with red calipers, and a red stripe. She is also getting a few options and since it will need to be built it will be a 2015 model.

23. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    I did not. The Z51 option package is a great deal, however, I don't need it.

Jimmy