Need advice on purchasing Mopar. | FerrariChat

Need advice on purchasing Mopar.

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by jm3, Jun 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Mopars are a little bit foreign to me, despite driving all over the country pulling race cars behind a 1975 Dodge van, a 1978 Dodge Motorhome, and moving to my current house in a shortbed D-300 with a 340-4 on the floor. My best friend in high school even forced me to be to an expert in repair by owning a 1969 Roadrunner, 383 air-grabber.

I now have the opportunity to buy just about the last car on my bucket list, and I will trade beer, poetry, jokes, or future knowledge; for advice on buying this car.

I cannot be more specific about the car. An employee of mine has bought one car from this guy and took pics for me. We are trying to buy several, but only have about two weeks.

Please private message me, and I would like to work out a trade of something valuable of mine, for something valuable of yours (your knowledge of Mopars)

Thanks, J.M.

2. JCR

JCR F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    Newman was a Mopar guy before the Ferrari bug. PM him.

3. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    The best Mopar guy/mechanic on the planet. Julius (he restored the $3.5 million cuda).
    Restorations By Julius

4. resto guy

resto guy Rookie

Jul 2, 2014
    NC
    Full Name:
    Steve
    but that option was not available when I tried. Maybe because I'm a new member? Anyway, I have restored/worked on Mopars quite a bit the past 12 years, mostly E, B and A bodies from 1964 to 1971. Some of the cars that I currently have in the shop are a '68 Charger, '71 440-6 'Cuda, and a '64 Hemi Belvedere.
    Ironically I registered here earlier today so that I could have access because I'm working on an F430 also.
    I'll trade knowledge for knowledge any day.

5. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    Hoping to draft this thread a bit: I'm also looking for a Mopar- in this case a 68-69 Roadrunner. Must be factory J code Hemi, and bench front seat. Auto or 4 speed OK. Prefer top shelf restored. Thanks for any leads!

6. fasterthan

fasterthan Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2014
    State of Confusion
    Full Name:
    Alex Stephen
    Here's a website for Plymouth cars for sale, as I'm looking for a Superbird 4 speed.

Plymouth Cars For Sale

7. fasterthan

fasterthan Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2014
    State of Confusion
    Full Name:
    Alex Stephen
    Sent you PM.

8. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Mark, Mark, Mark...you must be in a state of confusion. We keep banning you and you keep coming back.

9. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I wouldn't mind a Viper, new ones are very nice :)

10. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    #10 ersatzS2, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017