i am seeing this very often for vintage corvettes.... | FerrariChat

i am seeing this very often for vintage corvettes....

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by henryr, Aug 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
  2. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Henry.....pretty car. (Always been a HUGE fan of that car....also the 63 Split). Not sure on the interior pics. The ad really could use a good set of dash pics. (And he/she needs to head onward to Font-101-For-Dummies in the description area)

3. BillN

BillN Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2008
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Bill Nichols
    It seems curious that they didn't include a picture of the engine stamp pad, yet they made sure to included pictures of the head casting dates. Before I pursued such a car, I would find a NCRS member in the area to inspect it and give a thorough report on it's apparent originality.

4. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    well that is the thing....

many of these listings "allude" to the fact that is a MN car.

i'm hoping i come across something to buy at the dream cruise

5. BillN

BillN Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2008
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Bill Nichols
    the Michigan chapter of NCRS has a parking lot reserved for the dream cruise, not sure where, they have a website, Dedicated to Corvette Restoration and Preservation I think. plenty of other cars there also, The McDonalds at 13 mile has a blue 67 coupe in the front window that's for sale I believe.

6. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    While anything can be faked, I wouldn't buy a vintage vette with out proper documentation. The price should reflect that but hopefully you will recoup the higher price upon eventual resale.

7. icecar-1

icecar-1 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2008
    Topsfield/Danvers Ma
    Full Name:
    Steve
    From what I can see of the tank sticker side exhaust is not listed. As a 400 plus level NCRS judge I can assure you that there is more to a "factory" side pipe option than just cutting the quarter panel/front fender extensions and installing pipes. As far as matching numbers goes... That could mean the license plates match front and rear. Get someone who has knowledge and inspect before buying.
    If its a real car it really doesn't matter what options are added unless you intend to go for a flight award at an NCRS event. Then it all comes out.