they must have got the C7 correct | FerrariChat

they must have got the C7 correct

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by jm2, Aug 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    3 X the C6.....not bad for such a controversial car when it was introduced
    from Autoblog:
    In case there aren't enough on the roads in your area to make the case, Corvette Blogger reports that at last weekend's Corvettes at Carlisle show, General Motors showed a graphic putting the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray production run at 37,288 units. That is about equal to the last three years of the C6 Corvette – combined – and includes Premiere Editions, regular retail sales, and "exports and captured fleet cars that were sellable units" according to Corvette product manager Harlan Charles. Coupes and convertibles equipped with the Z51 package outsold their base versions, and Torch Red narrowly beat Arctic White as the exterior hue of choice.

While that number ranks 14th on the all-time annual production chart, it's a very strong showing in the "modern era," going back 30 years to the introduction of the C3. In this millennium it's only beat by the first year of C6 production in 2005 at 37,372 units (when black was the best selling color and the Z51 only reached 40.8 percent of sales), and the third year of C6 production that hit 40,561 units (black was still the best color and 65.5 percent of buyers checked the Z51 box). Before that, you'd have to go all the way back to 1985 for a higher number.

The second year of C6 production declined even with the introduction of the Z06 – we'll see if the C7 Stingray's enhancements for the 2015 model year and the sales help of the bonkers yet absurdly reasonably priced Z06 can prevent that. Meanwhile, head over to Corvette Blogger for a fuller breakdown of the 2014 numbers.

2. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    When a hot, 20 something trades in her 370z for the car, you know they hit it out of the ballpark.

This chick is as far away from the "old man Corvette" denographic as possible. She hates American cars. Yet, she loves the Corvette Stingray

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQJo-gSChFI[/ame]

3. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Nice :)

4. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Whenever my teenage son or I (traveling together) spot a 1953-2013 Corvette, we exclaim "Oh Look! A 1959 Corvette!

The new 2014 made everything else look....old.
    Not classic, just ...old.

5. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    LaJonathan
    They will sell as many Z06's as they can make as well with a price starting at $78,995 including destination and 650 HP/TQ. At that price you get heads-up display, magnetic ride control suspension, dual-mode exhaust, aluminum frame, and carbon fiber targa top roof all as standard.

If the Viper was on life support before, GM just pulled the plug.

6. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I think they finally bested the European cars. It is a stunning car to drive.

Best

Lee

7. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I haven't lusted after a Corvette so hard since the C4 ZR1. I am in love, and I am proud it is an American car.

8. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Amusing to have both "jm2" and "jm3" in this thread. Took me a few threads after I joined to realize you two weren't the same person.

That's all.

Back to your scheduled C7 Corvette kicks ass thread. Thank you GM for making us fans proud :)

9. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Crazy, huh?
    Didn't think it would be a problem when I changed mine, and jm3 seemed concerned, but I think it's OK.

10. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Interesting but the first year of C6 production beat it, so comparing year one C7 to last year C6 not exctly fair.

Still its huge prod numbers for any sportscar brand let alone a single model, and its sold pretty much in 1 country other than a smattering here and there.

I agree the new variants, and there will be many variants will keep sales up. Still you gotta believe that by year 4 there will be deals aplenty on new C7's

Mot just C7 variants, but now bring on the additional corvette model lines I say, starting with a mid engined one.

BTW very inetresting that the z28 sold the first years prod of 2500 units easily and for 75k. GM would do well to build some more great cars, maybe they dont sell in the 10's of thousands but there is a market and for the premium price its gotta be worthwhile for Gm.

11. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    I think the new c7 z06 is great. The targa top feature and convertible option allow these everyday drives to be enjoyable as well as extremely capable sports cars.

12. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Rear end is starting to grow on me

It's an attractive car but C6 is still a beauty

13. spdrcr

spdrcr Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    To dealers.

I know of several that are still sitting in the showrooms with $25K markups. I'd consider those unsold.

Now with the release of the C7 Z06 pricing I think getting even $75K for them may be difficult.

14. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    LaJonathan
    I owned a 2008 C6 and after sitting in the C7 I was blown away by how much better the interior and the seats are in the new car. And those were just the base seats, not the optional "competition" seats.

15. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Ah, it still kills it for me. Front end looks great - rear, meh.

Saw a ton of these in the Florida Keys, quite a few with women drivers. On the whole, I think the car is a winner, just wish they went back to the round tail lamps.

16. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I've had mine since early April and I'm loving it. I've already put over 6k miles on the car and it's going in for the first service tomorrow.

I'm still not seeing them very often in my area, so it draws a lot of attention.

17. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    GREAT looking car!

18. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Certainly makes a 315 HP Boxster S optioned up to $80-$100K (which is laughably easy to do) seem like a downright ripoff.

19. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    Actually the more stark contrast is the 911 twin turbo

20. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Hi Lee after much consideration as to color it looks like I'm going to order a Z51 Black Coupe 015 in 2 weeks. Drove a 014 Z51 Coupe few days ago and must say was really impressed. Want the A8 as it has a lot going for it. The Mag shocks were also impressive as was the competition seats. Don't want Nav. as all my research on it has been somewhat so,so. Inquired at a high volume out of State dealer regarding a Z06, but ordering the car now would result in a car mid way through 2016. Z51 is plenty.

21. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Gary Glad you drove one as was impressed like I was. The Z51 should even be better than the base model.

I ordered mine sight unseen and of course none around to drive. I bought a base car. The Audi R8 is the only car that comes close. I bought a V10 and Love the car.

Enjoy your new Vette.

Life is good :)

Lee

22. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Lee I meant the automatic 8 speed. I sorry for the confusion. Just trying to get with times with all these abbreviations that youth now uses.

Gary

23. Mojosan

Mojosan Formula 3

Jan 31, 2008
    NJ
    I've had my Stingray for going on 10 mos now. Enjoying it just as much today as when I first took delivery.

First time corvette buyer. 4k miles so far. Not a squeak or rattle. No NVH. No unscheduled service.

Really great car.

I

24. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    No problem Gary my confusion :)

Great car. I think the new CR automatic will be a dual clutch. Mybe someone knows for sure?

Lee

25. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Lee the 8 Speed Automatic is a Standard Torque Converter that shifts really fast on the upshift (supposedly as quick as a Dual Clutch) but not on down shifts.