2015 Z06 | FerrariChat

2015 Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by docf, Sep 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just ordered my 2015 black z06 coupe today. Went into the dealership with the intention of ordering a red Z 51 ,came out with the wife's approval for a black Z06 with red leather interior, competition seats, A8 transmission,red calibers, Mag shocks. Hopefully an early Spring delivery, but I am patient and adds to something to look forward to. Going to BG in late Oct. and hopefully can get a glimpse of early production.

2. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    congrats that will be a great car.. saw it at carlisle this year ... nice combination...

3. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Awesome!

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    My Daughter's will be Black/Red/with Gold wheels like my old TR which I used to take her to nursery school in.

Time goes by...

5. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    Going with Red/Black myself. Since the 3LZ package blacks out the customers side,it will flow better.

6. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Congrats- I think will we both enjoy our cars. Hard to believe 650 hp, 650 foot lbs of torque plus all the amenities to use that power. Great platform,looks and all at a reasonable price. Have you put your order in yet?

7. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Going to the dealership tomorrow to change the color combo to the new shark grey exterior with the black competition seats as just a little wary of the constant upkeep on Black exterior.

8. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    #8 JV's89, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Black is worth the trouble! That's coming from someone that lives on a street resembling a poorly maintained cow path and every bit as dusty as a dirt road.

Congratulations. You are sure to love it regardless of color.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1949636&stc=1&d=1410464854
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Your black Z51 coupe is beautiful! I did go to the dealership this morning and change my new Z06 order to the New Shark Grey after seeing it on a 015 Z51 Coupe on the lot. The interior will be black leather changed to GT as a little more comfortable for the wife. The order remains at the Event Code 1100. Now the wait.

10. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    Actually I haven't. I'm holding off on the first allocations. :)

11. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Truthfully I don't expect a car till Spring, but the way GM does their selection/constraint system who knows.

12. smooth

smooth Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2005
    I thought there was a waiting list; I guess not, if you can just walk in and place an order 1,2,3 ! It should be a quick car.

13. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    It's very nice but needs to drop a few 100#

Wouldn't mind a Z06 roadster just for fun

14. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    It truthfully was just luck as there is a waiting list. I knew I had to go to a high volume Vette dealer to even hope of getting one. Did my homework prior to the day as to high volume dealers in the area. I was going in to order a Z51 and sort of walked into it with the wife's approval.

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Jim, did you go with a 7 Speed Manual or the 8 Speed Automatic.

16. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    I am with you. Actually considering getting a 2013 ZR1 as I expect them to plummet as the C7 Z06 hits the ground. I am going to wait and see if something lighter comes out of GM.

The new M3/M4 are the same weight as the Z06 and lighter than prior models If BMW can drop weight perhaps GM can too.

17. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Jim, well done! Your daughter has phenomenal taste. She must get it from her mother ;)

18. ALPINE6SPD

ALPINE6SPD Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2006
    NJ
    Great choice. IMO I would get a manual but either way great vehicle and like the gray exterior better than black. Red interior would look great with gray too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sanjay
    I'm going to list my Caravaggio'd 2010 ZR1 for sale soon at $79.5k. It has 4300 miles on it, and is the definition of pristine. CF seats and center console, subtle high end audio upgrade, and clear bra from day one. Never been driven by anyone but me.

ZR-1's - Z06Nut

20. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    Gorgeous, but I'd only consider red, orange or yellow. I'm subtle. Love the interior, almost enough to make me forget about the exterior entirely.

21. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sanjay
    I got the CG because the blue metallic flake in the paint matches the calipers and intercooler when the sun hits it. You know, wraps are pretty cheap nowadays, though!

22. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    She wants a manual.

23. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    That a girl!!

24. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    interesting stats on how the C7's were specced:

For its first year out of the gate, the 2014 Chevrolet C7 Corvette Stingray did very well for itself, selling 37,288 units worldwide with 34,678 of the new sports cars hitting the market in the US alone. In fact, the total number was one of the best figures for the Corvette in the modern era. But the full breakdown of all the 2014 C7's sales data has hit the web from The National Corvette Museum blog, and it has given us the chance to be nosy and find out what people really want from this latest model.

Individually, buyers seemed to really want some extra performance from their new Vette, because the coupe with the Z51 package was the most popular model, with 15,431 made (41.4 percent), followed by the standard coupe with 11,134 built (29.9 percent). The Z51 option pack was hugely popular full-stop, with a total of 21,105 examples in all bodystyles ordered with its added performance pieces – that's 56.6 percent of the year's production. If anything, we're surprised the bargain-priced grouping didn't net an even higher percentages.

Despite people clearly wanting performance, customers' transmission preferences unsurprisingly skewed towards automatics. The six-speed auto had 24,088 orders (64.6 percent), while the remaining 13,200 were seven-speed manuals. When the 'Vette was closer to launch, the seven-speed represented about 38 percent of the production, so it only fell a few percent over the entire model year.

Interestingly, some options were practically a universal choice among buyers. Some 31,173 cars (83.6 percent) had the box for the optional performance exhaust ticked. Also, 30,427 people (81.6 percent) ponied up for navigation.

When shopping for colors, customers really wanted to own a little red Corvette. Torch Red was the most popular paint shade with 7,197 made. In fact, it, Arctic White and Black were the three most popular hues, representing 51.7 percent of total orders. The least wanted was Lime Rock Green with just 1,566 sold, and it has been discontinued for the 2015 model year.

These details are just scratching the surface at all of the info to be gleaned from this data. Check out the The National Corvette Museum blog for the full table.
    News Source: The National Corvette Museum