The 2016 Mustang GT350 could have Carbon Fiber Wheels Carbon Brakes Composite Springs | FerrariChat

The 2016 Mustang GT350 could have Carbon Fiber Wheels Carbon Brakes Composite Springs

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by brian700688, Sep 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brian700688

brian700688 Rookie

Nov 20, 2011
    This was noticed by a member over at svt performance.

Disclaimer: I don't have ANY inside sources at Ford. This is open-source intel analysis.

Watch "Carbon Fiber and Magnesium Wheels from Ford" Video at Engineering TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fqFgj6zfHso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWiTky3zZXQ

The "car" that is discussed that hasn't been officially announced yet is none other than the new SVT.

Take the parts listing as "CF wheels" in the new catalog and these two videos for confirmation. In the video directly discusses the applications it would be first introduced on. So the testing was completed sometime after January 30th and these wheels given the green light.

Worth up to 1.4 seconds per lap and better steering feel! Dave Pericak already touched on the improved precision of the new dual ball-joint front suspension on S550, and this is over S197 which was already lauded for its world-class steering precision.

With a rumored 600+ horse 5.2 flat-plane with larger bore spacing than the 100mm Mod motors have been saddled with this will be one world-class ride.

2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Wow... you waited three years after registering to post this?

Ok!

Welcome, err... to posting on the board!

Mike

3. brian700688

brian700688 Rookie

Nov 20, 2011
    Better late than never.

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Sounds great.
    But then with all that cool equipment why saddle it with a mustang body.
    maybe for will doa Me car too, and compete witht eh C8 vette.

5. SloW8

SloW8 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2010
    Why does this read so much like a press release from Ford? The S197 was lauded for its steering precision? Maybe in the Laguna Seca trim but I don't remember being impressed by any of the dozen or so S197s I drove.