Corvette LT1 convertible, 1971, what am I missing? | FerrariChat

Corvette LT1 convertible, 1971, what am I missing?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by AHudson, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    I bought a 71 LT1 convertible about a year and a half ago. Spent a ton on it, getting it back in service. Thought it's been a hoot, I am cutting back and wanting to consolidate some cars into fewer, higher end cars.

This should be a great buy for someone.

Since I'm not that versed in Corvettes, anything in the ad you folks think I may have missed?

Chevrolet Corvette LT1 Convertible | eBay

2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    put the hood decals back on...

3. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Shoot, I was wondering about that. They've been off the car for about 8 years and honestly, I'm not a fan of the decals even though you're right: they are correct. Thanks for the input.

4. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    You might want to have the part numbers of some of the other major engine components handy, heads, intake, exhaust manifolds, carb, alt etc. you clearly state the buyer is getting a bargain here, but those numbers are still important to many buyers and sourcing originals can get pricey since they made under 2000 lt1's in 71.

5. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Nice looking car.

I would put the stripes back on and make sure you buy the correct stripes as '70 different from '71 and '72.

I would have all of the numbers available and a pic of the front engine pad.

The biggest question mark will be the "one piece" front end comment in the description. Was it hit early in its life? I would expect lots of questions coming from this.

6. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    yeah, for some reason the hood decals and the redline F70 (?) type tires make all the diff in appearance to me.

from what i know, the early cars are not LT1 identifiable by VIN. i guess there are some other little tricks (redline,etc) to identify

you have the buildsheet ? how do u know this is a real LT1 ?

not picking.. just asking

7. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hi guys-

I bought the car from AHudson- I'm not a Vette guy particularly but a knowledgeable Vette person gave us a prettyy thorough checklist from the Emissions label, tach redline, manifold and carb, single fuel line etc.- We went over it and the car appears to be legit. I'm sure a bunch of smaller things have been changed over the years like the valve covers, but all of the key indicators appear period and correct.