Who remembers the VH1 corvette contest | FerrariChat

Who remembers the VH1 corvette contest

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Weaselwee, Apr 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Weaselwee

Weaselwee Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2005
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #1 Weaselwee, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    VH1 MAX CORVETTE COLLECTION

So I was at a gathering here on Long Island to get an update on the collection. The shop I was in has been tasked with getting these vettes up to snuff as they have been neglected for years.
    It was very interesting. Five of the cars are done and another 5 are in the shop. They will cycle through until they are all done. The 56 was used for Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars getting Coffee.
    In the shop was the 57, 54, 58, 55 and I think the 62. They still have the numbers on the windshield.

Here is the 58 and 54
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    I remember it. They gave away a Corvette from every year up to that point. I think it was 1989 when they did this. If I would have won they would not be in the condition that they are.

3. Weaselwee

Weaselwee Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2005
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yes, 36 corvettes at once. The guy who won was smart and sold them right away. Other than that, they just sat, and sat, and sat.......

4. dmaxx3500

dmaxx3500 Formula 3

Jul 19, 2008
    should have bought better cars

5. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    What the hell does that mean? I do not expect to get an honest response from you either.