A Rugged Luxury Rubicon // Full Kahn Interior!!! // TAG Motorsports | FerrariChat

A Rugged Luxury Rubicon // Full Kahn Interior!!! // TAG Motorsports

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Gabe@TAG, May 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gabe@TAG

Gabe@TAG Karting

Feb 24, 2015
    Vista, CA
    #1 Gabe@TAG, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    TAG MOTORSPORTS

This project started off lightly, yet became one of the most intricate Jeep builds that we have done to date. The goal here was to create a much needed rugged exterior for this Jeep, while incorporating a plush, luxurious interior. After putting our heads together and a few concepts were tossed around, the final idea was quickly under way.

The first obvious change needed with these Jeeps is the horribly undersized tire that comes from the factory. We decided to get a proper 35” BFG all terrain AT/KO tire mated to KMC's all new Rockstar 2 20” wheels. In order to gain the extra clearance needed we installed a simple, yet effective Terraflex 2” budget boost lift kit. This kit includes everything needed to properly lift the vehicle.

Next we move to remainder of the exterior. In order to accommodate the new wheels and tires we wanted something that did just that, without going completely overboard. We decided on Bushwacker's new flat style fender flairs, and painted them to match. To finish off the rugged exterior, we installed front and rear Body Armor steel plate bumpers and tire carrier. We also opted for the Anniversary Rubicon hood from Mopar. The final touches include custom colored d-rings, our TAG Motorsports Blackout treatment, and a black tip Magnaflow exhaust system.

The last piece to this puzzle would be the upscale, plush interior. We are no stranger to Kahn Design (based out of the UK) and decided to use their leather interior package. The upgraded quilted red Napa leather brings the Jeep interior to a whole new level undoubtedly. To add to the luxury experience of the Jeep, we added power retractable steps to make stepping aboard a very simple task despite the lifted stance.

We hope you all love this as much as we do. It is truly a perfect balance.

Complete Mod List
    -Terraflex budget boost w/shocks
    -20" Rockstar 2 Wheels
    -35x12.50LT20 BFG All Terrain Tires
    -Amp research power running boards
    -Bushwacker High-line fenders painted body color
    -Body armor front and rear bumpers w/tire carrier
    -Magnaflow axle back exhaust
    -Rubicon anniversary hood
    -Full Kahn Design Red Quilted Napa Leather Interior
    -ASM Stubby antenna
    -TAG blackout emblems
    -Custom decals
    -Hypertec speedo correction

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    So, I am trying not to be negative here (and I do think the interior is quite sharp). But I am an actual off roader, and this build really needs to be looked at from a mall crawler perspective, because it just doesn't make sense from an off road perspective. Did you all do the Teraflex spacer lift, or the coil lift? Did you install bump stops front and rear, brake line extension brackets, etc. Those are necessary if someone is going to off road and flex the suspension (at a minimum). I hate being the one to make this post, because for a certain audience this is likely a total awesome build. As long as you are targeting the appropriate audience.

3. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Tires seem to be lower profile than optimal for airing down when going off road. 20" wheels seems too large for an off roader.

4. Sean@TAG

Sean@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 25, 2015
    You are entirely correct. This is more of the luxury daily driver type of audience that we were including with this. Believe me, we have built long arm jeeps with the like of Rubicon Express, and Terraflex in the past. We have also built a couple of rock crawlers ou ot Cj's and in fact one DJ at a point. Believe it or not our origin was in the off road world. When me moved into the European scene we were able to mix the Off road "Look" along with the plush interiors etc. By no means was this meant to be a true trail beater for Moab.

5. Gabe@TAG

Gabe@TAG Karting

Feb 24, 2015
    Vista, CA
  6. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    The interior is cool, though I'm not big on the color. I do agree with Scotty, deleted my response last night as I saw it as negative. But I realize you build what the customer asks for. The new craze is mall crawlers, jeeps that's looks me are optioned like a GWagen. It's good for Jeep, but I feel it makes them softer, less hardcore. Just like F1 transmissions.
    To me, a jeep doesn't have a top or doors, but I'm one if the old school guys.
    You guys do some great work, though.