cadillac xts | FerrariChat

cadillac xts

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by boxerman, Sep 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    ” Marketing Officer Uwe Ellinghaus said the goal is to gain the attention of fashionistas, rather than cater to car buffs, auto journalists and other petrolheads. Because in his view, younger customers are less interested in the technical details of cars, and don’t read car magazines as often as they used to. But “they are very interested in fashion. They are very interested in design,” he said.”

And-

Cadillac's Director of Brand & Reputation Strategy: "We Don't Want To Be An Automotive Brand" - The Truth About Cars

Thus spake Melody Lee:

“I’ll often say, ‘Well, do you want a millennial’s perspective?’ You have one right here.”

“Everyone in New York is always just a little bit ahead of everyone else and we need to be the brand that stands for that.”

“I don’t buy products, I buy brands. I don’t use Apple computers because they are the best computers, I use them because Apple is cool. We need to show drivers what the Cadillac lifestyle is all about.”

“We want to be a global luxury brand that happens to sell cars. We don’t want to be an automotive brand.”

All I can say is i hope the product itself is good, like great motor transmsion ride and interior, because as the cimaron/volt/emiraj and cadillac in general shows marketing can only take you so far.

Or in the imortal words of Carlos Ghosen, "there is no problem at a car company that great product cant fix" Hope they are not mising that part...

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I would say that "we're all doomed" but fortunately there's still some hope. :)

"The XTS Vsport takes performance to a higher level, driven by an exclusive Twin-Turbo engine and all-wheel drive."

Cadillac Pressroom - United States - XTS