2016 CTS-V (Leno, 20:29) | FerrariChat

2016 CTS-V (Leno, 20:29)

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Nov 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=relQZqunfyo[/ame]

2. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Jay was really pushing the car and I know it is really good cause I got the old model and it is really a great car. A lot of car for the money and sexy as well.

3. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    All this publicity and my dealer told me that the car will NOT be available until around May 2016 due to delays at Cadillac. Same thing happened when they introduced the new Escalade. We had to wait months until it finally showed up.

4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I just got a call yesterday from my dealer that they just received two CTSV's ..
    I also have the old model actually have been driving a CTSV since 2010 (2 of them) as my company car.. trying decide if I want another...
    maybe....

5. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Tom Peacock Cadillac has two on the showroom floor. I currently have the new CTS as my company car and will be trading it out next summer for the new V. Wish they offered a manual though.

6. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-yXqc0CJoM[/ame]

7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Nice car but not sure when gets to $100k

why do aerican and British car company use supercharger ve germans mostly turbo? I realize turbos better for mpg but have lag. But why would that matter based on country of origin?

8. ElastomerGuy

ElastomerGuy Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2007
    N.W. PA
    Ordered mine on May 17, 2015 and picked it up on October 31, 2015. I guess part of the delay was due to the carbon fiber package option I ordered being on allocation. I've bought a lot of new cars in my lifetime and this one ranks right up there as one of the best. It's one of the few in which buyer's remorse didn't settle in shortly after I got it. Ride and handling is simply superb. I would rank it way better than that of my '08 599 with HGTE. And, best of all IT GOES. Exhaust note is beautiful. I had the 2010 and 2013 versions of this car and they were good but this one is an order of magnitude better. If you're considering one and buy it, you won't be disappointed.

9. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Wow thats a strong comparison over a 599. Guess it is worth the $

10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Turbos are more efficient and do not drain power like SC at higher revs.
    The stuff they use today has virtually undetectable lag and has better future for further development then SC (electric turbos for lower revs) and incomparable gains in fuel savings.

11. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I wonder if it has to do what the packaging issues. The supercharger sits on top of the engine while turbos typically sit on the sides?

12. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Local dealer is asking for a 25k premium!!!!

13. Sunracer

Sunracer Formula Junior

May 18, 2005
    Makati City
    Full Name:
    Pierre Beniston
    My thoughts are that they each match their home market better.

USA market seeks immediate high torque at low rpms and it is a cheaper setup than turbos

Euro market seeks high speed high rpm performance and these European cars are the top of the premium market so the additional cost is more acceptable to the customers