2016 GT350R v 2015 Z28 (MT, 25:49) | FerrariChat

2016 GT350R v 2015 Z28 (MT, 25:49)

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Nov 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think the odds of me getting a gt350 are really high. Best bang for the buck in the car game at the moment. 56 grand for a gt 350. It looks and sounds phenomenal.

2. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Thanks for the clip.

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    great video. these are getting to top gear level.

what is chevy going to do for a motor to compare to shelby? new camaro is a good platform but just putting the z06 motor in it wont do

4. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    I wish these graphs would also plot against time so we could see how long it takes to get from one power output to the next. Otherwise, how do we compare engines?

5. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    With 4 cylinder bmw coupes approaching 50k the value on this gt350 is insane.

6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I am thinking about a stripped to the bone R. I believe it would look a lot better in solid white with no stripes. No discount = no purchase. I can wait a year or two. I would not be surprised if they can get more production from the engine. Love the stripped approach with no A.C., radio, back-seat, and electric navigation toys. A manual transmission rocks. Three pedals or walk.

7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Stripped to bone still means 3800 lbs.

My feeling is at that weight, whos going to notice extra 50 lbs ac and stereo?

8. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    You probably will need to wait as most dealers who have R allocations are either bending customers over with an ADM at order time and most are ordered with Electronics Package or dealers are ordering for their stock and most will have the Electronics Package. You might get lucky and find one second hand but the proposed 500 per year limit makes that doubtful.

It appears that R buyers and LS Boss 302 buyers and are one and the same.

9. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Ford's figure for the GT350R is 3650 lbs. so it's a little less than 3800, but otherwise I agree with you. Unless I was trailering a car to the track, I'd want AC.

10. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    The stripped out car is a badass. True, it makes no sense on the street. Who cares ? it would not be a dd. I hate all the electronics put into a modern car. My daughter just got a new Acura.

You stand next to the car with the 'keys' and it unlocks. I was moving cars and the thing made a noise when I walked away from the car with the keys while it was still running. You sit inside with the 'keys' and push the engine start button while you put your foot on the brake. Just make sure all the toys still work after the warranty is gone.