My uncles latest toy/project. | FerrariChat

My uncles latest toy/project.

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by texasmr2, Jan 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #1 texasmr2, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A 1936 Plymouth Coupe w/318ci motor (not sure if it is a Plymouth or Dodge motor though) and she is sweet and progressing quite nicely. Uncle Mike (in the red t-shirt) was married to one of my mothers sisters long before I was born and the other guy in the picture is Mitch, my dad ran around with his dad back in the 40s-50s. Mitch is retired so he tinkers around and that is his Ford and the shop car/frame is a Woody he is building for another customer.

Anywho just thought I would share.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Very nice.

3. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Thanks and pictures do not really do it justice as she is super clean for a driver. Mitch is cleaning up (sorting out) some of the wiring and ignition issues so it will be a more reliable driver but it is a runner and she purr's. We dropped off the new Antique Vehicle plates and registration so she is getting closer and then they will gradually fix/repair the minor issues.

I am just happy for my uncle, he is a good man, and I am looking forward to seeing that big grin of his when he takes me for my first ride.

4. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    This is cool. I helped convert a nice 36 Plymouth to a "street rod" many moons ago. Ford/Mercury Bobcat front end, Chrysler 360 powered. Nice rake, cool grill. My pal who had it then still has it now. He ended up getting the Rat Rod bug and left the car unfinished. Its been 30 years! He still drives it unfinished but it is the ONLY 36 Plymouth we ever see.

Good to see this one.

5. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I have always loved the '36 because the darn thing just looks cool/tough and the stance is one of a kind. I will share more pics and a video (if I can) when she gets on the road.

PS, I almost forgot to mention something my dad told me last weekend while I was visiting him that my mom owned and drove a Chevy a '57 Chevy 210 (Bellaire) when they started dating, circa 1959-1960. I took the chance and asked "so mom was a car person back in the day?" That thought/fantasy lived for about 4 seconds.