Superformance Daytona Coupe | FerrariChat

Superformance Daytona Coupe

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by gumbajv, Apr 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    Anyone have one? Would like to get some real world experience, likes/dislikes.
    thanks.

2. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    Well, no. I didn't see any coupes.

3. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Oops!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCU9SE4rQgM[/ame]

I apologize.

4. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    Thanks for the link, great fun.

5. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    Any actual owners?

6. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    #6 ItalGerBrit, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just got back from BBORR in my 360 (only Ferrari in race) and was stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a dark blue Superformance Daytona just ahead of me at tech. The "I gotta have it bug bit". The quality of the build is out standing and the doors close with a Porsche solid clunk unlike the Ferrari sorta rattle. I know, I know, sorry but it is true. My Testarossa had a cheap car door sound rattle, my 77 308, kinda sorta, but maybe more solid than the TR and 360 door sound is tinny and weak. I am not talking about the exhaust note with test pipes and Tubi. That is incredible. The Daytona interior is finished like a modern car, leather and alcantera, but with instruments and toggle switches pretty are much like the original Daytonas but they cleverly snuck in air conditioning which is hardly noticeable. A/C is a must in the S La swamp! A/C first then the car.
    So, as per others, any of you own one for a comparison, relative Ferrari, driving experience?
    Attached is a photo taken by the official photographer at BBORR. Not seen in this but above the photo was a snippy comment about history repeating itself. My reply was "well why am I on the Daytona's ass when I started 30 sec behind him." The car ahead of me is a Factory Five kit and junk compared to the Superformance Daytona. The photo angle does not do justice to either car. But my 360 has that bad ass flat on the floor roach look as my daughter has always said. Roach? Ppffttt. Chicks.

So, is this heresy, that a Ferrari lover "has" to have a Daytona? Speak wise ones!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Whats the BBORR

8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Big Bend Open Road Race.
    Big Bend Open Road Race

Have not driven a coupe, nor a Superformance coupe, but should have a new one at a sister company/dealership soon. The owner has a McCluskey coupe. What questions do you have about the car? Ownership/reliability? Or just driving impressions?

9. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    I've driven a couple, they're a lot of fun. Definitely get A/C no matter where you live, these get WARM inside. The A/C system Superformance uses is very good and keeps the cabin nice and comfortable. I want to say the side windows don't roll down -- can't quite recall.

Lots of power, driving position is slightly offset. Fiberglass will be much cheaper than aluminum. The cars are well-built and authentic to original spec with good door closure, solid feel as others have said.

Pretty livable car as these things go -- fairly comfortable and you can decide on exhaust spec to keep sound levels down if you want. New small volume mfr laws will mean that you can buy one turnkey from Superformance with a modern, EPA-certified 5.0-liter Mustang engine soon.

10. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    My bro in law is considering building one himself. Should be some project

11. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    My question was about driving impression. Rory J has answered that.
    Thanks

12. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I've seen them up close. They are beauties. I'd imagine it's a lot more race car experience than lux coupe.