Zachery Taylor Reynolds, did he have any Eye-talian cars? | FerrariChat

Zachery Taylor Reynolds, did he have any Eye-talian cars?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by bitzman, May 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I talked to him once on the phone. He was an heir to Reynolds Tobacco fortune. I had to quit the phone call to go to an appt. so told him I'd call him back sometime and 3 days later I get a package and open it up and it's a tape recorder and I press PLAY and his voice boomed out "As ah I was sayin'.... "

I wonder what his family sold that 1964 Ford Galaxie he had for in 1995? It had a weird gadget on it I can't really describe accurately, something like a rocket that added 1000 hp., underneath the car. It was a kit you could buy for any vehicle and I have even seen one on a go-kart! Years later an owner put that Ford in the Mecum auction and had second thoughts and bought it back out of the auction, cost him almost $60,000 in fees. To me it's hard to evaluate the value of it because
    on the plus side, you could say commissioned by famous person, but on the negative side, it came only with 390 originally (he put in 427FE) and the rocket gadget was merely customizing done aftermarket, not with Ford involved.

Did he own any Italian cars? If anybody has some good stories about him, love to hear them. He must have been some character....

2. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I just happened to be reading about that rocket thing a few days ago, as well as other crazy go-fast bits...