Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Other Cars > American Muscle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2017, 07:53 AM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Mark Severino
Quote:
Originally Posted by leead1 View Post
I just looked at and drove a 2017 Mustang R. A very impressive drivers car. The sound was to die for and it can be adjusted up or down. I am deciding if I want to buy it or not and what car to trade in?

Best

Lee

Buy it!

Mark
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-11-2017, 08:00 AM
Three Time F1 World Champ
Banned User

Full Name: HUBBSTER
Here's the 1st real shot of the C8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4651.jpg (67.3 KB, 269 views)
Old 07-16-2017, 11:12 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Jeff
Just saw this photo being circulated claiming it is very close to what the new Mid Engine Corvette Zora will look like.
The current front engine Z06 is below for comparison.
Based on the mule spy shots I have seen of the mid engine corvette testing, this looks to be in line with those. Spy shot of the mid engine car testing below as well.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

The photoshopped version isn't near correct.

Look at the distance between the door cutline and the rear axle centerline in the mule. Much longer in the disguised car. You need that extra distance to fit in the engine, the proportions of the photoshopped version are more like that of the Cayman, which has two fewer cylinders and is just that much shorter.

Also note that the rear overhang is longer, this is necessary because the gearbox is overhanging the rear axle (as it would be in a proper mid engine car). In the photoshopped rendition the rear overhang is essentially the same as the current front engine car that has the gearbox ahead of the rear axle. Obviously the rear overhang needs to be longer for the mid engine version.. Both of these change the basic proportions of the car..

I just don't see that the photoshopped version shown is going to even be close to reality.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:44 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Jon
This car will be amazing. Imagine if it packs around 700 hp and weighs in about 3500 pounds. It will run with a Ford GT all day and cost 1/3 the price (hopefully).
Old 07-17-2017, 01:07 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: John
Quote:
Originally Posted by solofast View Post
The photoshopped version isn't near correct.

Look at the distance between the door cutline and the rear axle centerline in the mule. Much longer in the disguised car. You need that extra distance to fit in the engine, the proportions of the photoshopped version are more like that of the Cayman, which has two fewer cylinders and is just that much shorter.

Also note that the rear overhang is longer, this is necessary because the gearbox is overhanging the rear axle (as it would be in a proper mid engine car). In the photoshopped rendition the rear overhang is essentially the same as the current front engine car that has the gearbox ahead of the rear axle. Obviously the rear overhang needs to be longer for the mid engine version.. Both of these change the basic proportions of the car..

I just don't see that the photoshopped version shown is going to even be close to reality.
My comment was going to be that the body has been extended on the mule in both directions versus the rendering. I kind of like the rear proportions on the mule, but the front profile leaves a lot to be desired and is probably totally fake.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:05 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: James Bookout
Anyone putting any stock into any of the "renderings" is kidding themselves. I will bet my life that none of them are even close to the final car. The yellow, photoshopped car is laughable.

As far as where it will be made, contrary to Mayor's thoughts, it will be made in Bowling Green. GM has invested over $800 MILLION in that plant in the last 18 months, including a 450,000 square foot "paint facility". I don't know much, but I'm pretty certain you don't DOUBLE the square footage of a plant for a new paint facility....

Jimmy
Old 07-17-2017, 06:36 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

What ever it is, if it actually come to market after nearly fifty years of blabber and chatter I hope it looks better than the C7s which leave a lot to be desired.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 07-17-2017, 07:29 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: John
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGESQ View Post
What ever it is, if it actually come to market after nearly fifty years of blabber and chatter I hope it looks better than the C7s which leave a lot to be desired.
Bringing back round tail lights would be a good start!
Old 07-17-2017, 08:51 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGESQ View Post

You and me both. The "Sting Ray" looks like a hooker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2017, 10:56 PM
Five Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Sta7 View Post
This car will be amazing. Imagine if it packs around 700 hp and weighs in about 3500 pounds. It will run with a Ford GT all day and cost 1/3 the price (hopefully).
I seriously doubt it has a manual box but if they did it, they would stand the world on its head.

I only hope it looks nothing like that photoshop.

I can't see 700 hp though. More like 500.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:02 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by energy88 View Post
Bringing back round tail lights would be a good start!
+1 The rear of the current car looks like an afterthought off of a stillborn Trans Am. :-) They could do well with losing the current corporate styling cues IMHO and return to classic round lenses. Technically, the car is very good...
Old 07-17-2017, 11:42 PM
Five Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRay View Post
+1 The rear of the current car looks like an afterthought off of a stillborn Trans Am. :-) They could do well with losing the current corporate styling cues IMHO and return to classic round lenses. Technically, the car is very good...

I agree on the taillights. I had a C7 3LT and the interior design and quality was.... terrible. Its the one area they really need to still focus on. Paint was also horrific.

Maybe with a car of this price they will finally convince the bean counters a few extra pennies spent will make it worthwhile.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:22 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMayor View Post
I seriously doubt it has a manual box but if they did it, they would stand the world on its head.

I only hope it looks nothing like that photoshop.

I can't see 700 hp though. More like 500.
It would have to offer as much hp as the ZR1 you'd think?
Old 07-18-2017, 02:26 PM
Five Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Sta7 View Post
It would have to offer as much hp as the ZR1 you'd think?
Maybe... but I think for cost reasons they will do an upgraded version of what they put in the C7 which has about 450.

I don't trust the bean counters at Chevy. They always find a way to screw up a good idea. As long as 25,000 people a year who never sat in a Porsche end up buying a C7, Chevy will continue to screw it up

But hope springs eternal...
Old 07-18-2017, 02:37 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Steve Ard
They are going to offer a base model and a top of the line very high performance model. There will be a big price difference between the two.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 07-18-2017, 04:00 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Im hearing 650 base hp / 800 middle hp and a 1,000 hp carbon fiber 143 grand over the top version.
Ive been pretty good on these things, we shall see.....
Oops base car 80 grand and so on
Old 07-18-2017, 05:29 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: James Bookout
Corvette is NOT a Porsche competitor, anymore than it's a Ferrari competitor. Those complaining about the C7 interior are just parroting the same old, tired thing that runs rampant on the internet. Material quality is quite good, seats are excellent, etc... The C7 interior is very nice, easily as nice as BASE 911 interior (if you can find a 911 WITHOUT at least $10K worth of interior enhancements). Now, if you want to compare it to the alcantara wrapped, carbon fiber laced, OPTIONAL interior of a 911 or 488 (which at the cost of those interiors, you're a third of the way to ENTIRE base Stingray), then that's just wrong. And for you guys wanting round tail lights back, well, do you want hidden headlights back also. And seriously, someone thinks the C7 rear end looks like a Trans Am rear end (all the geniuses initially compared them to the Camaro, which was wrong also)? Unbelievable.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:46 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: john
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Corvette is NOT a Porsche competitor, anymore than it's a Ferrari competitor. Those complaining about the C7 interior are just parroting the same old, tired thing that runs rampant on the internet. Material quality is quite good, seats are excellent, etc... The C7 interior is very nice, easily as nice as BASE 911 interior (if you can find a 911 WITHOUT at least $10K worth of interior enhancements). Now, if you want to compare it to the alcantara wrapped, carbon fiber laced, OPTIONAL interior of a 911 or 488 (which at the cost of those interiors, you're a third of the way to ENTIRE base Stingray), then that's just wrong. And for you guys wanting round tail lights back, well, do you want hidden headlights back also. And seriously, someone thinks the C7 rear end looks like a Trans Am rear end (all the geniuses initially compared them to the Camaro, which was wrong also)? Unbelievable.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:16 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtjoey View Post
Im hearing 650 base hp / 800 middle hp and a 1,000 hp carbon fiber 143 grand over the top version.
Ive been pretty good on these things, we shall see.....
Oops base car 80 grand and so on
Really? That would insane I can't see 1000 hp. I was thinking same engine as ZR1 modified to sit in the middle of the car. If the car was available for 150k with 700+ hp and a weight of about 3500 pounds I'd 100% get one. I picked up a new Camaro ZL1 and it's honestly blown me away with how good it is to drive. Best value right now imo. Chevy is killing it right now.