whats it like to live with a 2004 viper? | FerrariChat

whats it like to live with a 2004 viper?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by ross, Apr 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    daily driver?
    too crazy?

2. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #2 leead1, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    I have had two vipers. My current gen 5 and a 2009 Viper I bought both cars new.

The cars are reliable. The older cars a noisy, hot inside your leg will actually burn. They are not fast or quick compared to other offerings on the market. The chassis always felt nervous and unsure of itself to me in the older cars. The new ones are okay.

The older cars always looked more aggressive and manly to me. I ,like the exterior appearnce of the older cars better. The newer cars while better drivers are more curved and softer.

I an not sure when they put in normal windows. The early cars had window shades like the 1953-54 Corvettes.

I would buy an older Viper as a weekend toy in a second but not as a daily driver. THe generation 5 Vipers which started in 2013 , I believe could be a daily driver. They all may go up in value ( all models)as time goes on since they stopped making them.

Good luck whatever you do

Lee

3. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #3 msdesignltd, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For the price
    There is no better bang for buck.
    So I bought 2
    1 for the track and one for street
    What other car has a 335 rear footprint?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. goldlifter

goldlifter Karting

Aug 8, 2015
    As long as you're OK with a noisy cabin and harsh suspension, you could do worse.....I have done it before with a few gen3's.....wouldn't dare try it with a gen1 or 2