Where Does One Get A Ford GT Serviced? | FerrariChat

Where Does One Get A Ford GT Serviced?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by ghost, Jul 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    How many Ford shops are qualified to service / repair these vehicles?

What about in the New England / Tri-State area?

2. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Do you have one that needs serviced?

3. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Back in the days when I was considering this car, I called Ford and asked the very same question. The answer is the local Ford dealerships have one or more persons that have been trained to service the car. That doesn't mean they have actually serviced one. For issues where the local Ford dealer cannot handle a situation (ie faulty control arms), someone from the factory is flown in.

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    If I had a Ford GT, I would have it serviced in Valencia. Matteo is good with a wrench. He'd get to drive it. Often.

Sunny

5. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Unfortunately at your local Ford dealer. From what I understand each dealer has at least one GT certified mechanic.

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Nope. Not yet at least. Big fan of it, though. Can wait to get some seat time.

7. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Wow! So every Ford dealer - all 7 million of 'em - has a certified GT tech. Theoretically.

8. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    From my understanding it has to be an authorized SVT Ford dealer to service a Ford GT.

9. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Thanks Sunny.

10. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    7 million? I think there aren't even that many Starbucks.

11. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    If I had a Ford GT and Ford suggested that I bring it to the local dealership for service, I'd be getting the same refund that Jeremy Clarkson did.

12. kito

kito Karting

Sep 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Keith
    That is also my understanding

13. avalys

avalys Karting

May 26, 2004
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Alex Valys
    I don't understand why you wouldn't take it to your local Ford shop for service. It's about as complex as a riding mower.

Okay, maybe that's being a little harsh. But seriously, the car is nothing special, mechanically.

14. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Would you want some Ford mechanic working on your $150k+ car?

Would you want some punk 16 year old porter taking a joy ride in it after they got done?

15. avalys

avalys Karting

May 26, 2004
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Alex Valys
    Would I want some Ford mechanic working on my (hypothetical) $150k+ Ferrari? No. Would I want some Ford mechanic working on my $150k+ Ford? Why not? Hell, I'm sure a Ford mechanic would do a better job on a GT than a Ferrari tech would on a 360. Ferrari techs see 360's all the time, whereas a Ford tech gets a chance to work on a GT very rarely. I'm sure they'd take special care to do as good a job as possible.

Besides, the real question regarding the GT is: would you pay $150k+ for a Ford? Once you can answer yes to that question, answering yes to yours is easy.

And the problem of a dealership tech taking the car for a joyride is a universal one. Record the mileage when you bring it in, and tell the dealer you want to be in the passenger seat anytime it leaves their asphalt.

16. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Yeah, and all the people working at Ferrari / Lotus / Porsche dealers moving cars around to get them detailed, prepped etc. are 40+ year old ex pit crew workers on an F1 team..