How can I, a lowly enthusiast, get into SEMA this year? | FerrariChat

How can I, a lowly enthusiast, get into SEMA this year?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by karmavore, Jul 18, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Anyone know? Thinking of coming to Vegas for the show this year. It's trade only, right?

Any help is appreciated!

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #2 TheMayor, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
    Sign up online and buy the ticket. Answer the questions but try to make it sound like you somehow work with the car industry or have some potential involvement with it. You'll need a business card of almost any business that you can say in almost any way could be associated with the car industry.

Any industry would do - electronics, marketing, retail (even if it's not directly automotive), public relations, -- almost anything can be said in some way to associated with the transportation.

Then, show up with your ID and your business card. That's all you need. If you are pre- approved by the website, you're in. They will either send you your pass in advance or you can pick it up in the pre-registered area.

If you don't have a business card or can't justify in some remote way that you're part of the car industry, its going to be tough. You're best chance then is to snag a used entry card from someone already attending. They don't check ID's when you walk in with a card around your neck.

BUT, as an alternative, there is a pretty large group of exhibitors in the parking lot showing their cars and performance parts/services, etc that you don't need a entry card for. If you just want to see a bunch of custom cars, you can just walk over and walk around. It isn't until you get inside the convention center building itself that you need a pass.

3. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Very thoughtful reply! Thanks man. I'll just have some business cards made. Groovy! :)

4. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    They MAY ask you (when you apply online) for a business license or tax ID after you submit your application. So, apply online before you rush out and just print some cards. It may not work so easily as you think.

5. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    All you need is an invitation card from Sema, or be in there database from before..

They are getting tougher to get in to..

6. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    If you have no luck PM me I can get you registered with my company

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'm pretty sure he'll still need to show up with a business card when he picks up his badge holder. Without the badge holder, you still can't get in even with the registration card.

To get your badge holder you need a photo ID and a business card.

8. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Update: I tried to register a bogus company last night but it was a thorough
    application and when it got to Tax ID number and Business License Number I gave up.

tiara: I'd love to take you up on your offer if you think it'll work!

Thanks fellas,

Lucas.

9. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash

They are getting tough.. I am 50/50 that I am going this year.. I will know more in 6 weeks.. If I do I would be willing to meet you at registration and get you in...

As long as you promise to not do something stupid at the show..

10. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam

PM me your information and I'll get you registered. We'll be arriving Tuesday night but you will be able to pick up your badge with just an ID.

11. Kush

Kush Rookie

Oct 22, 2014
    Hi! Please please please can you register me, we are travelling there and I want to be sure that I will enter SEMA! please can you contact me via my e-mail:

[email protected]

THANK YOU

12. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    There are always tickets on craigslist. Some automotive companies get a few extra tickets to sell them.

13. brett76

brett76 Rookie

Jun 27, 2016
    I used to work at toyota do they check to see if u work at the company when u apply for badges?

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I am having a tough time getting in this year and I've gone every year for ten years. My main problem is our company changed names so that's creating a problem.

Here's what drives me nuts. They send me emails inviting me to come back again this year and then ask me for proof that I am who I say I am. IMO, that's insulting.

What you need is a company ID that you work in the auto business or have a business license / resale tax ID and business card. But the business has to be in the auto business. The Sema website has the information. Or, just fill out the application and wait for the email on what you need. Once you have your approval, you have to go and show ID that it's you and they will ask for a business card or company ID also. They have to match.

I'm going to call SEMA tomorrow and see what I can do to get approved this year. They don't answer to emails which is incredibly frustrating. If they say "no" I just won't go anymore. 10 years and they kick me out? Forget 'em.

15. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I go to the Shot Show every year. Same setup.