Local Knowledge Needed | FerrariChat

Local Knowledge Needed

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Ristretto, Dec 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ristretto

Ristretto Karting

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Will be moving the 458 to Scottsdale this weekend for the winter season. My GF and I will be in town for a few days. It is her birthday and I would like to take her out for a nice dinner. Looking for some recommendations. Would prefer a good steak house, but I am open to other suggestions as well. Also, since I would like to take the 458, the restaurant needs to be Ferrari safe.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

RPM

2. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    If you want a good steak restaurant your options are:

Dominick's Steakhouse - North Scottsdale
    Mastro's City Hall - Old Town Scottsdale
    Mastro's - Assorted locations
    Flemmings - Assorted locations

In my opinion, which is worth as much as you are paying, the first two would be the better choices. Personally, I really like City Hall and think they do a fantastic job.

Now, if you want a true dining experience for your GF's b-day I would try and get a reservation at Binkley's up in Cave Creek. Not the most convenient location, but it is one of the best restaurants in AZ (again, that is just my opinion). It isn't a steakhouse.

What part of Scottsdale are you going to be in?

3. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I would take her to the Sanctuary.

Great resort. Great restaurant and lounge.

Unbelievable atmosphere. She will love it, and they have very friendly parking

4. Kyoso_Joey

Kyoso_Joey Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    Flemmings is delicious. Chart house in Scottsdale has some good food. Hillstone is pretty good too. I've had only rib eye steaks at all of those locations.

5. Pit_Stop

Pit_Stop Arizona

Dec 31, 2008
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    +1 Elements at Sanctuary is outstanding and Chef Beu McMillian does it right! I would also recommend Capital Grill.

6. Ristretto

Ristretto Karting

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I am near the corner of Scottsdale Rd and Lincoln.

Elements it is. I will be trying all the others in due course.

Thanks for all the good information. Hope to meet all of you at Cars & Coffee or other events in the near future.

Ciao!

7. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I like Stockyards near the airport for great steaks but the GF likes Mastros in North Scottsdale

8. rhyno

rhyno Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    I just took my GF to Elements. I had the 5:30 rezo and you get to see the sunset! Amazing meal. After we sat in Jade bar and had a few drinks. Great food, amazing service and fun ppl watching at the bar.

9. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    The best steakhouse in the greater Phoenix area is Donovan's, at Camelback just west of 32nd street. Hands down beats all the big names in town, of which there are many, which you may choose including Ruth's Chris, Fleming's, Mortons, Mastro's. Eddie Vee's, BLT at the Camelback Inn, J&G at the Phoenician (Vongereichten's place) and Bourbon Steak at the Princess. Dominicks is just simply overpriced and Capital Grille serves second rate Choice meat instead of Prime
    Personally for a romantic date there is little in town that beats the restaurant at the Royal Palm on Camelback.

10. dozzina

dozzina F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2005
    In a vortex
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ding. Winner. The hotel side is charming as well.

(Though I've had many a fine meal from Beau at Elements, as well as his predecessor there Chef Charles Wiley, now running Zuzu at the Valley Ho.)

Though I like a good steak, as a result of the resort business here the greater Phoenix area has been blessed with a large number of very fine restaurants capable of delivering so much more.

11. Ristretto

Ristretto Karting

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thanks for all the helpful information on great places to eat. Now I need some great places to drive. I know the road up to Payson is fun. Any other suggestions?

12. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    The back road to Prescott up Yarnell Hill is nice and curvy , have lunch in Prescott then on to Jerome through the switch backs and end up in the Red Rocks of Sedona/Oak Creek for dinner and hotel.