C & C for February | FerrariChat

C & C for February

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by NDSNAKE, Jan 31, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NDSNAKE

NDSNAKE Rookie

Nov 1, 2010
    I sending out a feeler. Is the Cars and Coffee or whatever it is called now still on for tomorrow morning?

2. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Why not? Cancel for a Pro Golf event? No way. :)

3. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #3 greg 19425, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    Today was my last C & C in Scottsdale. It seems more of a Pavilions thing now; not that much fun talking with Volkswagen owners about gas mileage. Sad.

4. gonzo di dottore

Jul 24, 2012
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Bob PopYourLights
    #4 gonzo di dottore, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Your loss. There was more than a couple VWs to be enjoyed/discussed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Jon? Did you hijack Greg's account :D:D

6. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    LOLx10000000000000!

No, Greg is a big boy and posted this all by himself. That said I pretty much agree with him. I remember when this was an Exotics and cars of special interest meet. There would be rows of Ferraris and Lambos with the wonderful thoroughbreds from Zuffenhausen mixed in. Of course in that great mix you would stumble across a couple of truly special one off type cars like the Zagato bodied Alfa that was there yesterday. What a stunner! too bad it had to park pretty much out of the main show area. There was a time and it was not that long ago that this car would have had hoards of people standing around it taking pictures and staring in amazement.
    I think this gem got lost in a sea of irrelevant junk. Yes sir! if I want to see a bunch of new corvettes and camaros I'd go up the street to Van Chevrolet or the Pavillions car show Sat. evening.
    C&C or motorsports gathering, whatever you want to call it has lost it's soul and has become just another parking lot car show.

7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    You Mesa boys must have stopped for a hit on the crack pipe before making the commute to Scottsdale for the Motorsports Gathering.

For you guys that are whining like Camron in Ferris Beuler's Day Off.... "Who saw nothing good today". In your stupor you must have missed the 'winner's row' from the AZ Concours d'elegance, with probably the best Boxer on the planet, the 330 GTC that has multiple awards, the Delehay, the Dino, D Type Jag and XKSS, and the orange Countach.

Not to mention the 900 mile CS, that cool new Alfa TZ3, the Enzo, the 50 or so Ducatis, several Mille Miglia cars, the row of Cobras, the Porsche Carrara GT, GT3s, the 935 race car, the LFA, the F12, the array of Gallardos, TRs, 348s, 308s, CS's, 458s, Jaguars, Aston Martins, Austin Healeys, Diablos, and the list goes on.

For the 'Usual Suspects' this is more about seeing and spending time with friends. The cars have always been secondary. However, if you choose to talk gas milage with VW owners, that's your choice. The event is about enthusiasts gathering for some low key fun, and I bet those VW guys are enthusiasts as well.

This event has blossomed into something unique. The Suspects all volunteer our time because we love the event. Some guys get there at 5AM to help park. Some guys are setting up cones in the middle of the night. I write the newsletter. Instead of moaning about what you don't like, feel free to call any of us and see if we need any help, or if the cars are not up to your standards, it might be better to just sleep a little later. :)

8. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    #8 LP400S, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    Dino you are correct the event has turned into something very unique and we get some of the coolest cars in the state. IMO it is the exotic car gathering in AZ. People don't realize if it wasn't for a handful of us the event would have seized to exist a long time ago. All of us do it for the love of cars and enthusiasts to just get together. It wasn't easy for us to get up at 4:45 am to come set up parking etc but we did.. Russ even showed up sick to help. Heck after the parking lot was full I even over heard Terry offering up his spot to people that arrived late and couldn't find a spot. How gracious is that!!!

Also some people seem to sometimes try and knock the Pavillions but I still love that event and my good friend has put that on for over 30 years. He caters to more domestic type cars which is cool and nothing wrong with that. We go for more of the Euro exotic cars and I welcome special domestic cars.

BTW if you are a true enthusiast and want to help out and donate a little time helping out PM me. I realize the event is not for everyone but if you want to show up to a free event, grab a free cup of coffee , stroll around and look at some awesome automobiles, meet great people,talk to fellow enthusiast's whether it's about gas mileage or how much HP your car has than it will be some of the most fun you have every month.

9. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Perhaps a post to identify who the "Usual Suspects" actually are and how to contact them would be a help. Otherwise, nobody knows how to get involved.

10. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Dino and the other 'Suspects" - this is the best gathering of interesting and rare cars anywhere in AZ, at any time. There is not a car club, or dealership or anyone else that can gather so many cars, with so such variety anywhere else but the 1st Saturday of each month, rain or shine.
    I have no problem with freedom of expression and for those who are jaded, bored or not sufficiently turned on by the stunning collection of cars on show each moth, I'm sure they can find other ways to amuse themselves. They had better invest in some Nair for their hands though :)

11. Kyoso_Joey

Kyoso_Joey Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    It may even be the best gathering in the country. Much thanks to the usual suspects for starting and keeping up such an awesome gathering.

12. AZ-Giallo

AZ-Giallo Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    David
    I agree. In fact, if someone knows of a better one elsewhere in the country please let us know where it is. I've been to several and absolutely nothing compares!

13. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Try the original C&C in Irvine Ca. Always some amazing unexpected automobiles. In April 2007 we had Ferrari Day at C&C in Irvine with 105 Ferrari's accounted for.

14. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    Was gonna say. Current concept cars are pretty regular appearances there, even, which is pretty impressive.

15. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I'll be there on Saturday, even if only to say hi to the "Godfather", Tom S - Junk Dealer (That's what his card really says!) :)

16. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    is the alfa in post 4, the viper based car? how many made?

17. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Yes it is. I think they made 10.