Help! Stuck in NM bank 1 not firing | FerrariChat

Help! Stuck in NM bank 1 not firing

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Roadking80134, Jun 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roadking80134

Roadking80134 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2013
    Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    Anyone in NM? Is there a decent Ferrari mechanic in Albuquerque? ECU 1 shows Cyl 1-4 not firing. ECU 2 then developed O2 sensor failed and I started getting the SLOW DOWN warning. Just spoke with La Scuderia and they are not open till tomorrow am -- he's out of town.
    Thanks!
    Rick

2. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What car are you driving?

Need more info on when and what happened. Were you driving and all of sudden it shut down on one bank? Did you try starting it cold and 1-4 bank didn't fire? More info the better.

Are you pulling the codes with generic reader?

3. AronAZ

AronAZ Karting

Jul 13, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Did you try to use the battery kill switch and let it sit for a bit then start up cold following the "ecu learning" procedure?

4. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Call Mickey at Jim's Fine Cars in Albuquerque: 505-883-4224. Tell him Scott from Miami referred you. I used to live in Albuquerque. He's the go to guy for exotic car owners. He has all proper diagnostic equipment for your car. Also one of the best mechanics I have ever known.

Scott

5. Roadking80134

Roadking80134 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2013
    Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    While driving on a very fun road around Mora, I noticed a lack of passing power. Looking down, the CEL was flashing. While driving, I pulled the codes on each ECU using EOBD Facile. Random misfires on 1-4. I limped to Las Vegas, NM and had her towed to La Scuderia in Albuquerque. While waiting for the tow truck, I did some prelim diags. Cold start, no change. Change relay in panel behind driver and passenger, no change. Codes also showed failed O2 sensor.

6. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Maybe caused by the misfire?

7. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Any news, Rick?

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Saw him at La Scuderia when I took my 575M in for its annual. Was fixed and he was gone a couple of days ago.