Any Concours level quality detailers in Phoenix? | FerrariChat

Any Concours level quality detailers in Phoenix?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Challenge64, Jul 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Well know what happens next month. Monterey.

Are there any concours quality detailers in Phoenix?

Or even paint correction detailers. Kinda like Esoteric Detail that posts here on Fchat.

2. hmfic1

hmfic1 Karting

Aug 15, 2011
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    pit stop does a great job, Personally think they are best in the valley

3. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Anyone second that opinion? They have mostly great reviews with a couple 1 stars.

4. dakar

dakar Rookie

May 25, 2006
    I'll second Pit Stop, they did a couple cars of mine that went out to Monterey a couple years ago, they were perfect. Marcus and crew do a outstanding job.

5. azboater

azboater Karting

Jan 27, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Nick
    #5 azboater, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    3rd vote for Pit Stop Auto Detailing & Storage, LLC

Marcus takes care of all 3 of my cars (shown outside Pit Stop in the Scottsdale Airpark)

4 if you count my wifes Mercedes G-Wagen

He has the best Customer Service

with the Best Detail & Paint Correction Crew around.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Pit_Stop

Pit_Stop Arizona

Dec 31, 2008
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Hey Ron,

We've met before at various events. Give me a call and let me know how I can help with all levels of your detailing needs. Pit Stop Auto Detailing & Storage was established in 2007 and still remains under the same ownership which is me! I'm familiar with Todd Cooperrider from Esoteric Detailing and have seen his work first hand. He has a great business and offers high quality work. We offer that same experience at my shop and in my own opinion offer more. I'll look forward to hearing from you Ron or see you at the next car event!

Marcus

**PS**
    check out Facebook for the most up to date information, photos, paint correction, gtechniq coatings, opti coat, mobile service and our upcoming special events.

7. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    I think you need to define "concours". I'm sure Pit Stop does fine work, but "concours" to me is Tim McNair level work involving near dis-assembly of the vehicle bringing it "as new" condition, including under carriage and all original markings, etc., etc. This is particularly true if your vehicle is to be judged. Otherwise, paint correction or not, it's just a shiny car with a clean interior. JMHO.

8. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I Can't.

I've never ever entered a car in a concours before. I don't know really what to expect.

9. azboater

azboater Karting

Jan 27, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Originally Posted by labcars

"I think you need to define "concours"..

Concours.....................oval dirt race track outside a prison

10. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Does it have to be oval?? lol

11. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Message left.

btw - Facebook page link on your website is broken.

12. Pit_Stop

Pit_Stop Arizona

Dec 31, 2008
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Ron,

I'll try to reach you tomorrow (Monday). Thanks for the heads up on our FB link. I've been trying to trouble shoot that link problem. Look forward to connecting with you.

Marcus

13. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I am one of the judges. Originality is important, perfect cosmetics are not. We really don't like dirty cars. We really don't need cars dressed up like a prom queen. IAC/PFA expects cars to be used and we do not deduct for that. It is contrary to the reason for having them. We expect cars to be used and maintained or preserved. Good presentation is important but not to the degree mentioned in one of the posts.

14. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Just offering some side line advise. Depending on the show and their specific judging guide lines or rules, a lot of variations can be expected.
    As Brian pointed out above, IAC/PFA judging guide lines, followed at FCA sanctioned concourses including the upcoming Monterey meet, are intended, more than anything else, to focus on originality. Cars presented are expected to be clean, but light signs of actual use are encouraged to be overlooked (by judges) as long as they're not distracting.
    And even though the aforementioned guide lines provide point deductions (penalty?) for "over restoration", I'm not sure how often if ever it has been implemented and we all know it's often the "trailer queens" taking the top honors home anyway.

"Detailing" itself can be anything from $25 extra charge for 30 min. of additional polishing at your local "full service" car wash to weeks or months long process requiring extensive disassembly and re-assembly of the subject vehicle at well qualified/experienced restoration facility/shop.

For example, few years ago I was commisioned to provide a quite comprehensive in-depth cleaning/detailing for a almost 60 year old rare collectible (non-Ferrari) car to document and further retain its amazingly preserved originality.
    The process took hundreds of hours over the course of 14 (or so ?) months including very careful removal and partial disassembly of all running gear, steering/suspension, electricals, exterior trim & most of interior, etc all of which was also reconditioned/serviced while at it and individually detailed but focusing on not to disturb any of the O.E.M. finishes and to provide appearance of not having been taken appart.
    You can probably imagine the owners disblief during the cars first public showing (and judging) at a nationally recognized and highly regarded venue when the judges, visibly exhausted after spending too much time on all other entrants in already too crowded of a class, finally came by and barely looked at it for minute or two before turning their results in.

15. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Ron: FCA guidelines are all about originality and condition. And by originality I mean down to the correct hose clamps, etc.

16. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thanks to Pit Stop Detailing!

It was the first really good detailing of the car since I bought it 10 years ago and am very pleased. It really needed it anyway to be honest.

Anyway..thanks Pit Stop!

17. Pit_Stop

Pit_Stop Arizona

Dec 31, 2008
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Did you get the Platinum Award you were aiming for? Thanks again Ron for trusting us with you CS. Hope to see you soon!

Marcus

18. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yup! Platinum! Thanks!

19. Pit_Stop

Pit_Stop Arizona

Dec 31, 2008
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Fantastic! Do you have a great photo of the car in Monterey you could send to me? Thanks, and congrats again.

Marcus