Scottsdale Ferrari | FerrariChat

Scottsdale Ferrari

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by rob lay, Oct 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    If anyone has any contacts there anymore or knows them, I would appreciate help. They were great sponsors prior management, they never notified me to end sponsorship, but they went missing for a long time. I found out new management was 'c' morgan and talked to him directly on the phone. He never got back to me returning voice mails or emails. What has happened to them? Still have great communication with other Penske dealers. Thanks!

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Gary Simon - 480-421-3841 gsimon AT penskeautomotive.com

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Thanks! I will try since Chad not working.

4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Changing of the guard at Scottsdale Ferrari. Always includes alot of shake ups at Penske stores. Plus you are heading into the busiest time of year for them. They have a meeting with Rodger the week NASCAR comes in town. Tensions start to rise and things have to get handled and game plans put in place before Roger gets in to explain defficencies etc... Also, common in that facility is "temporary managment" after a changing of the guard. They usually don't know they are temporary. The underling gets moved up. Powers are limited compared to his predecessor, and then they get the blame for not get the store going again quick enough and then the real replacement comes in whom they had been grooming and possibly moving from another state for the last several months. Underling gets the shaft for working his ass off taking up all the slack in hopes of getting the position. Store moves on with fresh face.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    ha, my head is spinning. :) I will leave them alone until after NASCAR, I have been sent a few more contacts to try. I brought them down as a sponsor.

6. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    ..........so Rob, did they ever call you back? If Rodger knew about this he would be pissed.

7. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    They have a few nice people that work there and a few that act like they don't really need your business. I've had several friends tell me that they were treated in a condescending way by their sales people. I guess it's the nature of the beast when you are the only game in town.

8. garak

garak Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2010
    Florida/Arizona
    Gary Simon is great and very welcoming. Some of his underlings can be a little snobby.

9. Ferrari Monkey

Ferrari Monkey Karting

Sep 29, 2014
    +1 on that.

Last year, I was visiting and saw a Ferrari that I liked. I stupidly called and spoke with some guy who seemed like he didn't care, and never called me back. Guess he didn't want to sell a car. I spoke with a friend here who had dealt with Gary Simon, and so I called him. I must have been a P.I.A. for Gary with all of the calls, etc., but hey, it was my first Ferrari. Gary always called me back with even the smallest question, and made time to talk to me. Weeks after the purchase, he called to see how I was doing with my new (used) car. Can't say enough good things about him. Plus, he has been there a long time. Will go to him again in a heart beat when I am ready for my next ride - eventually :)

10. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    possibly unimportant data point -

I haven't had a good experience there. I went there twice in person to see cars and was basically dismissed each time. Maybe its because I didn't look the part (showed up in a van after a little time off the grid -- its a sportsmobile, so its a nice van) but I didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling. Sort of turned me off of ferrari dealerships in general, although I know I'm painting that with a large brush. I bought my car through a private sale and my wife held off getting her car until we came back to dallas. Just a little basic interest would have been in their best interest.

11. wolfe F360

wolfe F360 Karting

May 7, 2009
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Wolfe
    Going to be in Pheonix Thankgiving Weekend, what is the best car event to go to. Any FCA events?