Suspension lifter needed? | FerrariChat

Suspension lifter needed?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by THE RED MENACE, Nov 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I have an opportunity to purchase an F12 but it does not have a suspension lifter. Is the lifter needed in Phoenix/Scottsdale? I really like the car but I don't want to get it if I will be scraping the front all the time. Thanks

2. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    I have a 360 and it is pretty low to the ground ... lower than an F12 I believe. I expect the F12 should be fine without a suspension lifter in most areas around Scottsdale / Phoenix. We have pretty good roads here. There are a few areas where there are dips in the road (e.g., some intersections) and I approach these dips at a 45 degree angle and able to negotiate everything fairly well.

But, maybe an F12 owner can weigh in ...

Steve

3. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Not sure how low an F12 is but I've managed to trash the bottom of my Maserati Ghibli with sport suspension to the point that the metal cross brace under the mid pipe bent into the exhaust system. It needed to be bent back on a lift. Almost all plazas here have speed humps which need special care traversing.

4. Rob@VividRacing

Jul 15, 2014