Anyone with a 360 and a tubi/fabspeed etc that I could hear? | FerrariChat

Anyone with a 360 and a tubi/fabspeed etc that I could hear?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Zanny1, May 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 Zanny1, May 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Located in Prescott, I recently took delivery of a 1999 360 coupe with a 6 speed manual. Car is original including the factory exhaust.
    I'd like to hear from any fellow 360 owners that have installed aftermarket exhaust systems, including hi-flow cats. The factory exhaust sounds great.... no complaints..... and I don't like loud exhausts systems. It's impossible to base a decision on a system with you-tube videos etc, however I would like a little more sound than the factory unit.
    No problem driving to Phoenix. I believe Scuderia Southwest makes a Prescott run later in the year, so that might work also.
    Thanks in advance-
    Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Hi Mike,

I have a 99 also. It is nice the 99's don't have the smog stuff added to the 2000-2005's. They do make a little extra hp.
    Currently, I have the hi-flow cats, headers and Tubi exhaust, not the NGT model though.
    I'm with you on the loud drone exhaust. However, the sound of this combination is quite pleasing to the ear. It really only gets hi-pitched when hitting the upper rpm's. It will scream at this point. Especially in a tunnel. The car with the window's rolled up is still relatively quiet and relaxing.
    I'll try and take a little video of the car at idle and some with some rev's for you. This way you can hear the difference.
    I'm sure there are some other guys here that can possible post some of their exhaust options as well.

3. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Tom.
    Which brand of hi-flow cats are you using?
    I don't need to smog a car here. Had hyperflo's on my 348 a few years back, and just that change made a improvement in sound.

4. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Resurrecting this thread in hope that a 360 owner with an aftermarket exhaust will give me a demo. I am in Prescott and more than willing to make a weekend (or week day) drive to Phoenix.

5. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I have a 2000 360 with a tubi if you are interested. Dennis Pm me

6. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Dennis.
    My car is over at FMS getting a major 30K service at the moment. He had a couple of 360's there with a Tubi, so I got to hear one. I appreciate the offer.
    Mike

7. max360

max360 Rookie

Jan 14, 2015
    AZ
    hi Mike, what and where is FMS ? I have a 360 and am interested in checking out independent Ferrari mechanics. Thanks