Socal to Arizona! | FerrariChat

Socal to Arizona!

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by humriv, Oct 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. humriv

humriv Karting

Feb 4, 2014
    Desert Hills AZ
    Hey Fchatters!

I will be making a move from Orange County to Cave Creek area. The automotive seen in socal is unbelievable!!! I hope to find the same in this area or at least a few people that like driving their ponies, having BBQs, Lunches, etc. I know there's a cars and coffee once a month so I look forward to meeting some of you guys there once I move.

Look forward to the responses and thanks in advance!

2. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    Cave creek is out the way a bit... but the Scottsdale cars and coffee scene is legit... If you are going to be here on Nov 12, stop by the Scuderia Southwest show.. You can find details in the thread below this one.

3. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Welcome to the best car owner state in the union. :)

4. AZ-Giallo

AZ-Giallo Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    David
  5. Kyoso_Joey

Kyoso_Joey Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    Welcome! This area has one of the best car scenes in the country. You will not be disappointed.

6. humriv

humriv Karting

Feb 4, 2014
    Desert Hills AZ
    Thank you! I will definitely be around Nov 12 so I will stop in and mingle at the Festival of Speed. I'm looking forward to some spirited drives in Arizona. Lots of open road!

7. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    Will you be here for C&C tomorrow?

8. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    I think you will be quite impressed with the C&C in Scottsdale. I have been to the OC C&C many times and I have noticed more recently that with the move to Aliso Viejo the show is much more focused on Mustangs and Corvettes with a smaller number of Ferrari's and other Exotics.

The Scottsdale C&C is all about exotics. You will see a ton of Ferraris, Lamborghini's, etc., but also a lot of really rare cars from Enzo's to Bugatti's.

While I would say the Scottsdale C&C is a lot better than OC, I find it hard to believe how many Ferraris and other exotics you see simply driving down PCH in Newport or Laguna. I guess none of those guys are going to the Aliso C&C unfortunately (probably less true enthusiasts and more image owners)!

9. humriv

humriv Karting

Feb 4, 2014
    Desert Hills AZ
    ICULUKN - I will not be in town tomorrow. I will definitely checkout C&C as well.

Cinque - I have to agree on the Aliso Viejo C&C. I haven't been there in months but there are many other "once a month" events that have exotics all over. Good thing most of them are on different weekends so attending them is great.

I also drive with a group of 10 or so Ferrari owners. We just text, meetup, drive, and enjoy. I hope to meet such a group in Phx :)