Japanese Supercar Owner's profile | FerrariChat

Japanese Supercar Owner's profile

Discussion in 'Asia' started by berkg, Feb 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. berkg

berkg Rookie

Dec 31, 2007
    Montreal
    Recently ive been looking at alot of pictures of supercars from Japan. This blog has especially peeked my interest in the Japanese scene ( http://tokyo75.exblog.jp/i16/ ) along with Koji Aoyama's collection...

Their taste in cars and combinations is exquisite. I m curious about the business side of things... I mean, what is the general profile of these collectors.. what do they do and how do they live? any personal experiences with them? For instance what kind of job or life would an SLR or CGT owner lead? Ive always got the impression that people live in very small but stylish places...It seems mad to think that they would be driving a Brabus GV12 around! I mean it seems crazy...

I know its a random and very broad topic but we hear so much about the lifestyles of collectors here in North America or the Middle East or in parts of Europe but Japan remains obscure (or at least to me

2. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Koji did race in the ill fated Japan LeMans as they have their own class of racings & sponsorships, so LeMans wasn't exactly in their mind. I think it was some Porsche team which he did fairly well & I believe he has a blog as well in Japanese of course. His home & garage was also featured in Japanese magazines. He's quite a public personnel there from what I see.

Anyway, most Asians are quite private about their lives & what can you gain by looking into their lifestyles?

3. Jacob Potts

Jacob Potts Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2008
    Pueblo, CO
    Full Name:
    Jacob Potts