Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - International > Asia

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Wow...

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5075/7...e69d0791_b.jpg
Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale by R-W-P (Rupert in HK), on Flickr
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-11-2012, 12:10 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

My first 458 Spider sighting...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7123/6...1a04fa88_b.jpg
Ferrari 458 Italia Spider by R-W-P (Rupert in HK), on Flickr
Old 04-11-2012, 02:03 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Spec View Post
Visiting HK this coming July. What's the best place to go for exotics spotting there? Any hotspot? I know The Peninsula is a good place.
Not really spotting exotics "in the wild", but the usual recommendation is the used car showroom in the basement of the parking structure next to the Grand Hyatt in Wanchai. Similarly, plenty of eye candy (Veyron, Lambo, Lotus, etc.) in the car showrooms along Gloucester Road in the Wanchai area. Four Seasons' valet area usually has one or two exotics (a dozen if you include bentleys and rolls royces). The IFC mall basement parking garage always has about a dozen. And then there's the Sunday Morning Drive...
Old 04-11-2012, 02:27 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jznd View Post
Not really spotting exotics "in the wild", but the usual recommendation is the used car showroom in the basement of the parking structure next to the Grand Hyatt in Wanchai. Similarly, plenty of eye candy (Veyron, Lambo, Lotus, etc.) in the car showrooms along Gloucester Road in the Wanchai area. Four Seasons' valet area usually has one or two exotics (a dozen if you include bentleys and rolls royces). The IFC mall basement parking garage always has about a dozen. And then there's the Sunday Morning Drive...
Also anywhere along Gloucester Rd at the weekend. I would say that is the best bet to see fantastic looking and sounding cars in motion. It couldn't be easier too!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: J
Quote:
Originally Posted by jznd View Post
Basement parking? Sounds like a place with lots of hidden treasure.

Slightly OT:
But where would you guys recommend for nice food? Hong Kong nice foods are generally roast duck, dim sum, egg tarts and all right?

If you guys don't mind, can PM me a list of place where I should visit for nice Hong Kong food? If there's address, that would be better. So excited to this trip.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:55 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: simon klein
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Spec View Post
Basement parking? Sounds like a place with lots of hidden treasure.

Slightly OT:
But where would you guys recommend for nice food? Hong Kong nice foods are generally roast duck, dim sum, egg tarts and all right?

If you guys don't mind, can PM me a list of place where I should visit for nice Hong Kong food? If there's address, that would be better. So excited to this trip.
Just back from HK visiting another Fchat member,re food........anywhere has great street food.
All clean and properly prepared,depending on your point of view and mindset,ie if you don't mind seeing your duck hanging up outside prior to final preparation.
Go to one (or more) of the islands for a look and you will find great seafood anywhere.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: J
Simon, I assume that in Hong Kong is same as Malaysia. Where there are lots of tourist trap, and not where the locals would go.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:37 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Lovely weather we're having! Although I'm not complaining...

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5337/6...910b733c_b.jpg
Ferrari F355 GTS by R-W-P (Rupert in HK), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7099/7...eb263e40_o.jpg
Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano by R-W-P (Rupert in HK), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7102/6...2f56c871_o.jpg
Aston Martin Virage by R-W-P (Rupert in HK), on Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5117/7...6ce44149_o.jpg
Nissan GTR by R-W-P (Rupert in HK), on Flickr
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-22-2012, 04:18 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWP View Post
The front looks elevated...looks like the front tires are parked over a plank. Whats the story?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

It does sit on a plank in the front. They do that here to lift the front of the car enough to get the tow truck fork underneath before removing your car... They'll do the same in the back to add the little side wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6920674826_6c1a04fa88_b.jpg (55.7 KB, 540 views)
Old 04-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

It was going on / coming off a flatbed at IMSS.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Yowza! Here's something you don't see for sale everyday. RHD too, any HK folk willing to take the plunge I wonder?

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C220341

The Cizeta-Moroder V16T, now known as just the Cizeta V16T, is an Italian sports car (built from 1991 to 1995) created by automotive engineer Claudio Zampolli in a joint venture with music composer Giorgio Moroder and designed by the famed Marcello Gandini. It was the only product of the Cizeta company. It was developed by a group of ex-Lamborghini employees and initially introduced in 1988

History:
The Cizeta-Moroder name comes from the spelling in Italian of the initials of the designer Claudio Zampolli (Ci-Zeta) and Giorgio Moroder. The V16T implies that its engine is a V16 unit mounted Transversely in the central rear position, just forward of the rear axle and behind the passenger seats. However, the engine was not a true V16. Rather, it was engineered from the ground up as two flat plane V8s sharing a single block, mounted transversely, with gearing between the two providing a single output from the center of the engine assembly to the longitudinal transmission.

Design:
The chassis was formed of an aluminum honeycomb structure, wrapped in a sleek body designed by Marcello Gandini, who had previously designed the Lamborghini Countach and some aerodynamic Maseratis. The shape of the V16T is actually an original design for the Lamborghini Diablo by Gandini when he was at Lamborghini. However, in 1987 when Chrysler obtained controlling interest in Lamborghini, their design team "softened" the edges and generally modified Gandini's original design, leaving Gandini famously unimpressed. Gandini then joined forces with Zampolli and they conceived the Cizeta based on Gandini's original design for the Diablo. Thus, in some ways, the car could be considered what the Diablo would have looked like had Chrysler not intervened. Zampolli is credited with most of the final rear design, while Gandini is responsible for the rest.

!!!OUR 1994 Cizeta V16T!!!
- The world's first V16 supercar
- One of only 7 ever produced (1991 - 1994)
- Second to last one built (number 6 of 7)
- Right Hand Drive (1 of only 3 built in RHD)
- Styled by Gandini
- V16 Engine (Top Speed 204 mph)
- Blue with Blue Leather (the only one in blue)
- 5 Speed Manual

NOW THE BEST!!!
- The Car is unregistered!!! (empty Title)
- It comes with factory Delivery Kms Only!!!

"PRICE FOR THIS CAR IS:$550,000!"

Old 05-11-2012, 02:01 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWP View Post
Yowza! Here's something you don't see for sale everyday. RHD too, any HK folk willing to take the plunge I wonder?

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C220341

The Cizeta-Moroder V16T, now known as just the Cizeta V16T, is an Italian sports car (built from 1991 to 1995) created by automotive engineer Claudio Zampolli in a joint venture with music composer Giorgio Moroder and designed by the famed Marcello Gandini. It was the only product of the Cizeta company. It was developed by a group of ex-Lamborghini employees and initially introduced in 1988

History:
The Cizeta-Moroder name comes from the spelling in Italian of the initials of the designer Claudio Zampolli (Ci-Zeta) and Giorgio Moroder. The V16T implies that its engine is a V16 unit mounted Transversely in the central rear position, just forward of the rear axle and behind the passenger seats. However, the engine was not a true V16. Rather, it was engineered from the ground up as two flat plane V8s sharing a single block, mounted transversely, with gearing between the two providing a single output from the center of the engine assembly to the longitudinal transmission.

Design:
The chassis was formed of an aluminum honeycomb structure, wrapped in a sleek body designed by Marcello Gandini, who had previously designed the Lamborghini Countach and some aerodynamic Maseratis. The shape of the V16T is actually an original design for the Lamborghini Diablo by Gandini when he was at Lamborghini. However, in 1987 when Chrysler obtained controlling interest in Lamborghini, their design team "softened" the edges and generally modified Gandini's original design, leaving Gandini famously unimpressed. Gandini then joined forces with Zampolli and they conceived the Cizeta based on Gandini's original design for the Diablo. Thus, in some ways, the car could be considered what the Diablo would have looked like had Chrysler not intervened. Zampolli is credited with most of the final rear design, while Gandini is responsible for the rest.

!!!OUR 1994 Cizeta V16T!!!
- The world's first V16 supercar
- One of only 7 ever produced (1991 - 1994)
- Second to last one built (number 6 of 7)
- Right Hand Drive (1 of only 3 built in RHD)
- Styled by Gandini
- V16 Engine (Top Speed 204 mph)
- Blue with Blue Leather (the only one in blue)
- 5 Speed Manual

NOW THE BEST!!!
- The Car is unregistered!!! (empty Title)
- It comes with factory Delivery Kms Only!!!

"PRICE FOR THIS CAR IS:$550,000!"

original source:
http://ferraricollectionforsale.com/cizeta.html
Old 05-12-2012, 02:01 AM
Rookie
Non Subscribed

Exhaust problems

Hi, I am new to Ferrari.com. I think my exhaust (aftermarket Capistro) needs fixing - the power of the fumes on the right is much stronger than on the left. KKM says I need to replace the whole thing but am not sure. Can this be checked and repaired, or is this a no-brainer "must-change" condition?
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-12-2012, 02:29 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

? what is the "power of the fumes" ? There shouldn't be any fumes in the first place.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:35 AM
Rookie
Non Subscribed

hot air...

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterburner View Post
? what is the "power of the fumes" ? There shouldn't be any fumes in the first place.
er... I mean the air coming out from the exhaust pipes. No, there's no visible fumes in terms of smoke.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

er... it would help if we knew what car we are talking about.
If you have a transversal V8 and your Capristo exhaust doesn't mix the 2 banks (I am not familiar with your exhaust, but the original exhaust on the Mondial mixes the 2 streams), you will have a longer exhaust from the front bank than from the rear bank, which initially will lead to different exhaust temps and pressures at the tips. I think.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Rookie
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterburner View Post
er... it would help if we knew what car we are talking about.
If you have a transversal V8 and your Capristo exhaust doesn't mix the 2 banks (I am not familiar with your exhaust, but the original exhaust on the Mondial mixes the 2 streams), you will have a longer exhaust from the front bank than from the rear bank, which initially will lead to different exhaust temps and pressures at the tips. I think.
I'm sorry - it is a 2001 360 Modena F1. Was told yesterday by 2 shops it's probably the left "cat". Suggested that if I replaced it (has to be in a pair), I might as well replace the muffler (ie, change the full set).