Any Singapore Ferrari owners? | FerrariChat

Any Singapore Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by DouglasNg, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should we end it?

1. Lung will Break

2. MP will Break

3. The Singapore Thread will Break...END IT!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Hi, just wondering if there are any Singapore Ferrari owners here? If so, show yourselves!

2. banduga

banduga Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hong Kong
    My wife and I are both Singaporean, but we live in Hong Kong. Does that count?

3. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Got to be. I made a visit last Christmas and saw this on the side of the road. I think some kind of winning lottery??

4. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Sure of course, even if you are in Hong Kong.

5. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    There were several Ferraris from Singapore at the Shanghai opening over the weekend. The cars left for the port yesterday to return back home the owners left this morning. I spoke to a few but did not get any details.

6. newfer

newfer Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    Would you know the import duty for Ferraris in Singapore? Would it be cheaper than in Thailand? Tax in Thailand is about 320%

7. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Well, the import duty in Singapore is quite high, it is 130% in tax. As compared to other countries like Europe and USA, buying one Ferrari in Singapore is as good as buying two of them in USA and Europe.

8. banduga

banduga Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Hey Douglas,

I just remembered a funny story about my last visit to Singapore (mid-April 2004). At that time, I was considering a yellow or silver 360, both 6-speed, and a black one (F1). To be honest, I was thinking if I should even buy a Ferrari at all!

First day there, Ngee Ann City parking lot, drive past a yellow 360. Second day there, Laguna National Golf Club parking lot, yellow 360. Third day there, having some roti prata at Jalan Daud, hear the distinct Ferrari scream, and a yellow 360 blows past. Final day there, leaving to the airport, turn out from Raffles Town Club (where I was staying), and a yellow 360 drives right across the front of our taxi!!!

WTF?!?!! FOUR days there, and I did not see ANY other exotic sportscar on the roads apart from the 996 Turbo my friend was driving. (I did see some exotica on display when I went to visit another friend at Lamborghini Singapore, but that doesn't really count).

Unfortunately, I didn't get a good look at the license plate(s), so I don't know if it was several or the same phantom yellow 360 that I was seeing.

On the plane back to Hong Kong, I looked at my wife, and said "Darling, God wants me to buy the yellow 360", and she smiled. One week later, yellow 360 in my parking space, and the dream becomes reality...

9. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas

good for you. I believe that the yellow 360 at the Laguna Country club belongs to the chairman of the club, Karson Kwee, who likes to collect automobiles. Is your ferrari 360 in Singapore or Hong Kong?

10. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Banduga,

That must be some kind of 'divine intervention' for you since actually i have never seen a yellow 360 in S'spore. All I see is red ones. My wife's Ob/Gyn Doctor daily drive a 964 RS and one of his colleague has a red 360 as a daily driver. During her pregnancy of our first child in 2002 I always accompany her for routine checkup since the waiting room is filled with car magazines and he liked to talk about cars :)

I 've never stayed more that one straight month in S'pore. always back and forth to Jakarta.

One of the nicest colored car I saw in S'pore was a sunkist orange Diablo 6.0, looks amazing!! There's also a rare gold color Diablo VT (not my taste though).

11. banduga

banduga Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Hong Kong. I can barely afford a 360 here, so lets not even think about buying one in Singapore! :)

Actually, I hardly go to Singapore, although I love the place. This year is good, in that I've been there twice already, with another trip coming up in July. I'm already drooling thinking about the food...

12. banduga

banduga Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hong Kong
    My point exactly! I mean, I'd be really surprised if I saw a Ferrari (ANY model) every day in Singapore, let alone yellow 360 Modenas!

I think I know who you're talking about in the red 360. Very famous doctor, but I can't remembeer his name right now. My wife used to go to him as well when she was in Singapore. What a job huh?

My friend at Lamborghini Singapore says that quite a few are sold to our Indonesian friends. I was actually there for the Salim 60th wedding anniversary dinner, and I was told one of their family members just bought a 40th Anniversary Murcielago from him. :D Are you one of them?

13. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Nope. I can't even afford an Italian car in Singaporean price :)
    My wife drive a MBZ S500 with Brabus wheels, spoilers and exhaust. I don't even think it's legal in S'pore to do engine tuning.

You said something about the food in S'pore, IMHO the food in Hong Kong is the best in Asia (probably in the world)

14. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Hi bluebiturbo, the gold Diablo you have seen is now on sale in Lamborghini singapore, I think so. This is becase when I bought the Maserati from Lamborghini Singapore(Lung7707 traded in), the salesperson told me that it is for sale. That car is on sale for two years, a hard sell.

15. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Does any one of you know how much a new 612 cost in Singapore? Wanting to know about the price.

16. synergyx

synergyx Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Synergyx
    Hi..I'm new to the forum..recently i saw a silver Ferrari 360 Stradale at AYE expressway..Anyone has any photos of Singapore Ferrari and Lamborghini? I would like to share with you guys some of it which i took the last time.

17. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    synergyx, are you from Singapore?

18. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Probablly like 08. million USD, I head Singapore has the most expensive cost for cars in Asia.

19. Turb0flat4

Turb0flat4 Formula 3

Mar 7, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RND
    Hey dudes,

I'm from Singapore. Sadly, I can't afford a Ferrari. But I see them fairly commonly. In fact, every evening, I'm privileged to see two (distinct) silver 550 Maranellos, and a black 456 driving by my window. (I stay in the Bukit Timah area, district 10).

20. synergyx

synergyx Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Synergyx
    Yup~ I'm from Singapore ya!

21. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas

Can you post all the pictures that you have taken of Singapore Ferrari and Lamborghini?

22. synergyx

synergyx Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Synergyx
    Hi.. took this near far east... the car plate number bit weird...
    Do you guys have any photos of Singapore Ferrari and Lamborghinis? Let's share.

23. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    I think that this Ferrari 360 is from Malaysia, our neighbouring country. The registered no. late is DAL1, should be from Malaysia. Do you ahve any other pictures of the Ferrari or Lamborghini? If so, post them, so that we can have a look at these magnificent machines!

24. banduga

banduga Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Those Malaysians have some cool plates. I like "DAL1" a lot!

My Dad is originally from Penang, so I go there to visit often. Whilst there, I've seen "PEP51", and (I swear this is true), "PEN15"!

Oh, and thanks for the pics synergyx!

25. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    lets cross our fingers the HK gov allows personalized plates.. i know what im getting :D