The Singapore Thread will Break...END IT! 18 85.71%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Douglas
Any Singapore Ferrari owners?

Hi, just wondering if there are any Singapore Ferrari owners here? If so, show yourselves!
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Karting
Non Subscribed

My wife and I are both Singaporean, but we live in Hong Kong. Does that count?
Old 06-07-2004, 11:06 PM
shelbee

Got to be. I made a visit last Christmas and saw this on the side of the road. I think some kind of winning lottery??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0885a.jpg (111.4 KB, 1198 views)
Old 06-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Sure of course, even if you are in Hong Kong.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:57 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

There were several Ferraris from Singapore at the Shanghai opening over the weekend. The cars left for the port yesterday to return back home the owners left this morning. I spoke to a few but did not get any details.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Singapore car taxes

Would you know the import duty for Ferraris in Singapore? Would it be cheaper than in Thailand? Tax in Thailand is about 320%
Old 06-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Well, the import duty in Singapore is quite high, it is 130% in tax. As compared to other countries like Europe and USA, buying one Ferrari in Singapore is as good as buying two of them in USA and Europe.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:49 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Hey Douglas,

I just remembered a funny story about my last visit to Singapore (mid-April 2004). At that time, I was considering a yellow or silver 360, both 6-speed, and a black one (F1). To be honest, I was thinking if I should even buy a Ferrari at all!

First day there, Ngee Ann City parking lot, drive past a yellow 360. Second day there, Laguna National Golf Club parking lot, yellow 360. Third day there, having some roti prata at Jalan Daud, hear the distinct Ferrari scream, and a yellow 360 blows past. Final day there, leaving to the airport, turn out from Raffles Town Club (where I was staying), and a yellow 360 drives right across the front of our taxi!!!

WTF?!?!! FOUR days there, and I did not see ANY other exotic sportscar on the roads apart from the 996 Turbo my friend was driving. (I did see some exotica on display when I went to visit another friend at Lamborghini Singapore, but that doesn't really count).

Unfortunately, I didn't get a good look at the license plate(s), so I don't know if it was several or the same phantom yellow 360 that I was seeing.

On the plane back to Hong Kong, I looked at my wife, and said "Darling, God wants me to buy the yellow 360", and she smiled. One week later, yellow 360 in my parking space, and the dream becomes reality...

Last edited by banduga; 06-10-2004 at 01:54 AM.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-10-2004, 02:08 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by banduga
Hey Douglas,

I just remembered a funny story about my last visit to Singapore (mid-April 2004). At that time, I was considering a yellow or silver 360, both 6-speed, and a black one (F1). To be honest, I was thinking if I should even buy a Ferrari at all!

First day there, Ngee Ann City parking lot, drive past a yellow 360. Second day there, Laguna National Golf Club parking lot, yellow 360. Third day there, having some roti prata at Jalan Daud, hear the distinct Ferrari scream, and a yellow 360 blows past. Final day there, leaving to the airport, turn out from Raffles Town Club (where I was staying), and a yellow 360 drives right across the front of our taxi!!!

WTF?!?!! FOUR days there, and I did not see ANY other exotic sportscar on the roads apart from the 996 Turbo my friend was driving. (I did see some exotica on display when I went to visit another friend at Lamborghini Singapore, but that doesn't really count).

Unfortunately, I didn't get a good look at the license plate(s), so I don't know if it was several or the same phantom yellow 360 that I was seeing.

On the plane back to Hong Kong, I looked at my wife, and said "Darling, God wants me to buy the yellow 360", and she smiled. One week later, yellow 360 in my parking space, and the dream becomes reality...

good for you. I believe that the yellow 360 at the Laguna Country club belongs to the chairman of the club, Karson Kwee, who likes to collect automobiles. Is your ferrari 360 in Singapore or Hong Kong?
Old 06-10-2004, 02:19 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Taffy
Banduga,

That must be some kind of 'divine intervention' for you since actually i have never seen a yellow 360 in S'spore. All I see is red ones. My wife's Ob/Gyn Doctor daily drive a 964 RS and one of his colleague has a red 360 as a daily driver. During her pregnancy of our first child in 2002 I always accompany her for routine checkup since the waiting room is filled with car magazines and he liked to talk about cars :-)

I 've never stayed more that one straight month in S'pore. always back and forth to Jakarta.

One of the nicest colored car I saw in S'pore was a sunkist orange Diablo 6.0, looks amazing!! There's also a rare gold color Diablo VT (not my taste though).
Old 06-10-2004, 02:52 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasNg
Is your ferrari 360 in Singapore or Hong Kong?
Hong Kong. I can barely afford a 360 here, so lets not even think about buying one in Singapore!

Actually, I hardly go to Singapore, although I love the place. This year is good, in that I've been there twice already, with another trip coming up in July. I'm already drooling thinking about the food...
Old 06-10-2004, 03:07 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBiturbo
That must be some kind of 'divine intervention' for you since actually i have never seen a yellow 360 in S'spore.
My point exactly! I mean, I'd be really surprised if I saw a Ferrari (ANY model) every day in Singapore, let alone yellow 360 Modenas!

Quote:
My wife's Ob/Gyn Doctor daily drive a 964 RS and one of his colleague has a red 360 as a daily driver.
I think I know who you're talking about in the red 360. Very famous doctor, but I can't remembeer his name right now. My wife used to go to him as well when she was in Singapore. What a job huh?

Quote:
One of the nicest colored car I saw in S'pore was a sunkist orange Diablo 6.0, looks amazing!! There's also a rare gold color Diablo VT (not my taste though).
My friend at Lamborghini Singapore says that quite a few are sold to our Indonesian friends. I was actually there for the Salim 60th wedding anniversary dinner, and I was told one of their family members just bought a 40th Anniversary Murcielago from him. Are you one of them?
Old 06-10-2004, 03:54 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Taffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by banduga
My friend at Lamborghini Singapore says that quite a few are sold to our Indonesian friends. I was actually there for the Salim 60th wedding anniversary dinner, and I was told one of their family members just bought a 40th Anniversary Murcielago from him. Are you one of them?
Nope. I can't even afford an Italian car in Singaporean price
My wife drive a MBZ S500 with Brabus wheels, spoilers and exhaust. I don't even think it's legal in S'pore to do engine tuning.

You said something about the food in S'pore, IMHO the food in Hong Kong is the best in Asia (probably in the world)

Last edited by BlueBiturbo; 06-10-2004 at 04:23 AM.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:35 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Hi bluebiturbo, the gold Diablo you have seen is now on sale in Lamborghini singapore, I think so. This is becase when I bought the Maserati from Lamborghini Singapore(Lung7707 traded in), the salesperson told me that it is for sale. That car is on sale for two years, a hard sell.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:41 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Does any one of you know how much a new 612 cost in Singapore? Wanting to know about the price.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:06 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Synergyx
Singapore Ferrari?

Hi..I'm new to the forum..recently i saw a silver Ferrari 360 Stradale at AYE expressway..Anyone has any photos of Singapore Ferrari and Lamborghini? I would like to share with you guys some of it which i took the last time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15729582.jpg (69.2 KB, 1146 views)

Last edited by synergyx; 06-20-2004 at 06:10 AM.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

synergyx, are you from Singapore?
Old 06-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Formula 3
Banned User

Full Name: www.Jimmy540i.com
Quote:
Does any one of you know how much a new 612 cost in Singapore? Wanting to know about the price.
Probablly like 08. million USD, I head Singapore has the most expensive cost for cars in Asia.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:11 AM
Formula 3
Non Subscribed

Full Name: RND
Hey dudes,

I'm from Singapore. Sadly, I can't afford a Ferrari. But I see them fairly commonly. In fact, every evening, I'm privileged to see two (distinct) silver 550 Maranellos, and a black 456 driving by my window. (I stay in the Bukit Timah area, district 10).
Old 06-21-2004, 07:54 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Synergyx
Quote:
synergyx, are you from Singapore?
Yup~ I'm from Singapore ya!