Makati, Philipines, any Ferrari mechanics I can visit? | FerrariChat

Makati, Philipines, any Ferrari mechanics I can visit?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by bitzman, Mar 21, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I am not looking to buy a car but to add anecdotes to my upcoming speech )in Monterey) on garage finds I have to say I at least spotted some old car of interest on my travels and right now I am sweating in the heat of Macati area of Manila. All I found so far was a replica Lola T70. Any clues appreciated!

2. Challenger CS

Challenger CS Rookie

Jul 17, 2012
    Singapore
    Look for Ramon Ang, He's the guy who could probably be able to fix a Lola T70. Only problem is he isnt a cheap guy to hire on an hourly basis...

3. onocoffee

onocoffee Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Hunt Valley, MD
    Full Name:
    Jay C
    Go see my brother Al at ARC Automotive on Chino Roces/Pasong Tamo road in Makati. They do a lot of car work and can help guide you. He's there everyday except Friday and Sunday.

Arc Automotive Inc.

4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You can call my cousin Raul Bautista in Makati if you like, he has lots of friend that owns Ferrari, he can tell you where they take their Ferrari for service. PM me if you like his number.

5. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Going back to Manila again on the 10th for a whole month. Not sure if there's going to be much cars and coffee there because of the rainy season but, if there is, I will post some pics here.

6. onocoffee

onocoffee Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Hunt Valley, MD
    Full Name:
    Jay C
    Mike,
    I think the Sunday morning thing at Burgos circle in The Fort is still ongoing. I'll be there for a couple of weeks this month too.

7. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Cool Jay, maybe I'll see you there.

8. bulent

bulent Rookie

Jun 30, 2013
    BGC is exotics cars hang out during sunday morning plus the american muscle cars group.as early as 7am to 10am

9. diviter

diviter Rookie

Apr 2, 2009
    I am here in Makati and found 4 groups of Exotics on Sunday morning.

First there was a group of about 10 cars - mostly 997 and a Ford GT, Shelby Mustang, and a Nissan. They left PowerPlant (Rockwell) just before 7am. They took off down EDSA for what was probably a fun run. I did not get to talk to anyone as they took off just as I was arriving.

From there I went to Manila Polo Club for the Manila Sports Car Club monthly breakfast. Quite a few older P Cars, a 308QV, a 997.1 GT3, BMW Z4M coupe, quite a few Miatas, and a few other assorted classics. Nice group of enthusiasts/purists.

On the way back I went by Burgos Circle at the Fort and there were a few 458 Italias, P Cars, and other assorted sports cars. I did not see anyone around the cars so I kept going.

I passed by Rockwell again and found another 10 or so P Cars, a 458 Italia, and a Nissan GT-R. Again no people around so I guess they were in one of the coffee shops near by.

Quite a good day for car spotting in Manila.

10. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just came back from Burgos Circle, lots of P cars, two Audi R8, vintage 280SL Benz, very nice 1972 Toyota Celica, and more. Next month the Manila Sports Car Club of Manila will be at the Polo Club. I'm back home now in Serendra.

11. onocoffee

onocoffee Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Hunt Valley, MD
    Full Name:
    Jay C
    Mike-
    Serendra? Wasn't there an explosion/bombing last month? Were you affected by that?

My brother and I are probably coming down to Burgos this Sunday if you're around.

12. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, we are in Serendra 2 same side as were the explosion but, it happened on the building next to ours which is around the corner so no damage on our building thank God. I will try to make it next Sunday, if I do, I'll give you my info.

Mike

13. bulent

bulent Rookie

Jun 30, 2013
    ill be in BGC this coming sunday sir,with my muscle car group,hope to see you guys.

14. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What kind of muscle car do you have?

15. bulent

bulent Rookie

Jun 30, 2013
    i have a couple of muscle car sir

[​IMG]

16. onocoffee

onocoffee Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Hunt Valley, MD
    Full Name:
    Jay C
    Mike -
    I know this is some late notice but we're heading to the fort this morning. Will be in a dark green BMW 525 dark tint and black wheels

17. onocoffee

onocoffee Karting

Sep 29, 2006
    Hunt Valley, MD
    Full Name:
    Jay C
    #17 onocoffee, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Went down to Burgos Circle this morning and got there around 8am. Good timing as it was pretty empty at first but a continuing parade of Porsches started arriving, four Ford GT40s, a Murcielago, a Mini Cooper, what looked to be a very old-school Datsun, a Nissan GTR, a few muscle cars but sadly, no F-cars. Although we did leave shortly after 9am because I had to get over to a dim sum brunch at EDSA Shang.

Looked to be a good scene and would have liked to stay longer but I did find the most curious thing there today. A guy brought down his candy blue, tricked out Toyota Tamaraw FX. Funny and cool, IMHO.

Picture is of the Filipino Dwarf Buffalo faces off with the Italian Bull...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Jay, really sorry I missed you guys yesterday, I actually came late, you guys were already gone. Too bad cause I really like to meet you guys. When is the next one at Burgos?

19. bulent

bulent Rookie

Jun 30, 2013
    #19 bulent, Jul 28, 2013
  20. bulent

bulent Rookie

Jun 30, 2013
    #20 bulent, Jul 28, 2013
  21. bulent

bulent Rookie

Jun 30, 2013
    #21 bulent, Jul 28, 2013
  22. bulent

bulent Rookie

Jun 30, 2013
    #22 bulent, Jul 28, 2013
  23. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Very nice! Too bad I missed todays show.:(

24. Choy

Choy Rookie

Dec 26, 2013
    Hi Guys, CHoy here. Send me a message if your in Manila and would like to join one of the runs, the white turbo in the pic is mine and we usually run every sunday from 7-9 and grab a bite in UCC. For an F-car I use a Scud. hope to you guys cheers!

25. wildkalabaw

wildkalabaw Karting

Jul 11, 2008
    Hi Choy, Welcome to Fchat. I'm glad to see you here, and want to see your car. I'm in Manila right now. If I have a chance I might drop by Burgos Circle this sunday. Hope to see you. Happy New Year guys, have a safe new year celebration & stay away from paputok!