Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - International > Asia

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 08:58 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Erik
FYI - It can't be undisputed if people are disputing it.

>8^)
ER
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-11-2013, 09:02 AM
F1 Rookie
Banned User

Full Name: John
Peloton - by your logic, you believe that if Ferrari have in fact sold all 499 LF's then they wouldn't bring the car to any of major shows such as Paris, Frankfurt, etc nor to any of their dealers around the world simply because there's no point in anyone (clients, press, public) seeing it now as there are no more for sale?

This theory of yours is just plain stupid.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:04 AM
F1 Rookie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
FYI - It can't be undisputed if people are disputing it.
What are you basing your dispute on? A feeling you got after reading McLaren message boards?

Jog on.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:04 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

I didn't say anything about a majopr motor show. I'm referring to these private viewings at dealers in Hong Kong and Los Angeles. I will say one thing - this may become the first Ferrari hypercar where they actually build the number they originally said they would.

>8^)
ER
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-11-2013, 09:11 AM
F1 Rookie
Banned User

Quote:
I didn't say anything about a majopr motor show. I'm referring to these private viewings at dealers in Hong Kong and Los Angeles. I will say one thing - this may become the first Ferrari hypercar where they actually build the number they originally said they would.
In HK customers will get a private viewing before the car is displayed to the public for everyone to see.

And they will definitely build more than 499. If they are struggling to sell them then why are they turning away established clients like Frefan who was ready to write a cheque? He has to settle for the McLaren now because Ferrari told him there was no way he could get one, despite owning several Ferrari's including F40, F50, etc.

Your argument doesn't make any sense, it's based on nothing more than a feeling you have.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:28 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Yes - the same thing happened in the UK where owners were told that despite being good customers, Ferrari wouldn't have a La Ferrari (lol) for them. Then later they have been offered slots in the production and in at least two cases have chosen to pass. One of these owners of an F40 and F50 went to Geneva and they wouldn't even allow him to sit in the car.

Typical Ferrari arrogance is spoiling the brand.

>8^)
ER
Old 05-11-2013, 02:22 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Kevin
Quote:
Kds - I agree, I can't think of a better reason. There were also apparently some private showings recently in California. They wouldn't be doing these sorts of things if the car was truly sold out.

>8^)
ER
It's called marketing the brand. Criticize Ferrari all you want, but this is something McLaren has failed spectacularly at. Maybe it would help them sell the remaining 125 or so P1's, and the remaining 2012 12c's....
Old 05-11-2013, 03:00 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

I find it funny how every defense of Ferrari when I am involved in the discussion involves/includes an attack on the McLaren brand. I have never suggested, nor would I claim, that McLaren have executed a perfect strategy in the road car business. This is a new endeavor for them striking out on their own and there are sure to be stumbles. I don't hold the blind faith for them that some of you think I do or that many seem to exhibit for Ferrari regardless of what they do.

Ferrari did no dealer tour with the Enzo and sold far more than they intended. Why spend the money on such activities if they've filled all the spots they need to with La Ferrari (lol)?

>8^)
ER
Old 05-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Four Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Once again the McLaren trolls invade Fchat.

What was a really nice update about a super car being on display has turned ugly from a few people with their own agenda.

McLaren put the P1 on display in China also. What's the matter? Can't they sell them?

http://www.carnewschina.com/2013/04/...9-million-usd/

The McLaren P1 supercar has been launched on the Chinese car market, priced at a manic 12 million yuan or 1.9 million USD. The P1 debuted yesterday, on a private viewing in the great beach-city of Sanya in Hainan. The McLaren supercar will now go on tour to the cities Shanghai, Guangzhou, Beijing and Chengdu for similar events.

Last edited by TheMayor; 05-11-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:12 PM
F1 Rookie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMayor View Post
McLaren put the P1 on display in China also. What's the matter? Can't they sell them?
That's the thing - McLaren can't. Because McLaren are bringing the P1 around the world, desperately trying to sell the remaining 125+ cars, Peloton thinks the only reason Ferrari would bring LaFerrari to HK is because they're "struggling" to sell 499 of them.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:15 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Did either of you have a point that I didn't already make?

Quote:
There's really no shame here - McLaren and Porsche are doing the same world tours with their hypercars in order to fill up the order books.
>8^)
ER
Old 05-11-2013, 05:27 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Kevin
Quote:
I find it funny how every defense of Ferrari when I am involved in the discussion involves/includes an attack on the McLaren brand. I have never suggested, nor would I claim, that McLaren have executed a perfect strategy in the road car business. This is a new endeavor for them striking out on their own and there are sure to be stumbles. I don't hold the blind faith for them that some of you think I do or that many seem to exhibit for Ferrari regardless of what they do.

Ferrari did no dealer tour with the Enzo and sold far more than they intended. Why spend the money on such activities if they've filled all the spots they need to with La Ferrari (lol)?

>8^)
ER
And why can't we attack McLaren? You seem to enjoy taking shots at Ferrari. Likewise many of us enjoy defending Ferrari. Much like you enjoy defending Lotus. Sorry, I mean McLaren.
Kevin
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-11-2013, 05:38 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Dave
Erik is just bummed about the P1 so he assumes the same is true for the F70.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:38 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang5150 View Post
And why can't we attack McLaren? You seem to enjoy taking shots at Ferrari. Likewise many of us enjoy defending Ferrari. Much like you enjoy defending Lotus. Sorry, I mean McLaren.
Kevin
Feel free to take issue with whatever you want - I was just pointing out the consistent response pattern when I raise an issue or make a controversial comment about something Ferrari-related - it's always the same tack. No one seems to be able to respond directly without dragging McLaren into it.

It's not offensive to me - I am not McLaren. I don't make their decisions nor do I have any control over their actions any more than you do.

>8^)
ER
Old 05-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcht5 View Post
It means open for public.
wasn't expecting it to be as simple as just walking in and taking photos LOL

My pics: LaFerrari - a set on Flickr
Old 05-13-2013, 05:33 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyJ View Post

Most beautifuls pics i have seen so far about the laferrari. Good photographer and natural light are so much better Than geneva pics !
Old 05-13-2013, 09:21 AM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyJ View Post

great pix icyJ! much enjoy your work.

the events in hk were great fun. halo effect is immense. foc had a great event and membership is expanding. first f12 demo on the road. local dealer about to celebrate 30 year anniversary. lots of feel good factor.

I really don't get the negativity over what was an overwhelmingly positive pitstop for the car after the shanghai auto show
Old 05-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Three Time F1 World Champ
Honorary

Full Name: Jim Glickenhaus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM18 View Post
great pix icyJ! much enjoy your work.

the events in hk were great fun. halo effect is immense. foc had a great event and membership is expanding. first f12 demo on the road. local dealer about to celebrate 30 year anniversary. lots of feel good factor.

I really don't get the negativity over what was an overwhelmingly positive pitstop for the car after the shanghai auto show
How many will go to HK?

You getting one?

Cheers!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:10 PM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Hmmm.

Looks like we agree to disagree.

But lets agree to re-visit how the market treats each of these cars in say a year.

That would probably give some real information as opposed to all the bickering whether it be informed or uninformed, biased or unbiased, objective or subjective.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:22 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
How many will go to HK?

You getting one?

Cheers!
Talking to the showroom guys at the launch on friday it seems that there were aout 70 folks in HK who could "qualify" (apparently 5 Ferraris or more already, with more "points" for older collectables, towards some unwritten centralised Ferrari allocation procedure), although only about 20 cars would be allocated to "sufficiently qualified" HK buyers, or so they seemed to think.
PAUL

Last edited by Sir Paul; 05-14-2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: correction
Non-Sponsor Ads