Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - International > Asia

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

La Ferrari arrives at Hong Kong

Private viewing this Thursday May 9 and Friday May 10, Open day viewing on May 11 & 12!
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: simon klein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lee View Post
Private viewing this Thursday May 9 and Friday May 10, Open day viewing on May 11 & 12!
G'day,Is it staying in HK,or moving on?
I'm there on June 8 for a week.
Kerrari maybe interested as well.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:20 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lee View Post
What do you mean by open viewing?
Old 05-07-2013, 05:22 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: PCHT 5
Thumbs up

It means open for public.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcht5 View Post
It means open for public.

only from May 9-12...
Old 05-08-2013, 02:50 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Taffy
This one :

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...21423011_n.jpg
Old 05-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Andrew Menasce
So thats the one that was in Shanghai?
Old 05-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Fred
at IM Repulse Bay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020681.jpg (41.3 KB, 583 views)
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-09-2013, 11:13 PM
F1 World Champ
Consultant

Why do they need to do this ?

Can't they sell this overpriced POS ?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:39 PM
F1 Rookie
Banned User

Full Name: John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kds View Post
Why do they need to do this ?

Can't they sell this overpriced POS ?
Shut up...
Old 05-11-2013, 05:49 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Erik
Kds - I agree, I can't think of a better reason. There were also apparently some private showings recently in California. They wouldn't be doing these sorts of things if the car was truly sold out.

>8^)
ER
Old 05-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
Kds - I agree, I can't think of a better reason. There were also apparently some private showings recently in California. They wouldn't be doing these sorts of things if the car was truly sold out.

>8^)
ER
So you would think they simply want to deliver them all to buyers and have them all put them away in their climate-controlled garages never to be seen again?
They want to show them off because they are an advertisement of what they can achieve and what developments can be expected on future cars.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: DL
First post here, will post introduction later, wasn't able to pass this discussion.

There were no presentations of LF in the US, official or not, both two demo cars produced never made it to the US.

HK presentation is the very first LF related event at the F-dealer, it is part of Ferrari marketing campaign in China, if I'm not mistaken next stop will be Guangzhou and it is nothing more than the usual way to create a buzz in Chinese media and attract more customers for the 'mainstream' cars

50 LF units coming to Greater China (Mainland, HK, Taiwan) in total in three years time, major part of allocation well before the Shanghai presentation, remaining slots during the event.

There're no problems with the process of finding buyers for the car, production run is sold out and first deliveries are expected starting from October.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:12 AM
F1 Rookie
Banned User

Quote:

>8^)
ER
Have you always had an interest in conspiracy theories?
Old 05-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: DL
LF

First ever post here, will post my introduction later, wasn't able to pass this discussion.

The first ever LF dealer event is taking place in HK and it is part of Ferrari marketing campaign in China to attract more attention from the press in attempt to move more 'mainstream' cars.

There were no LF related events on US soil, both two demo cars never made it to the US as of now.

Speaking about sales - the are 50 LF units coming to the Greater China and they all are sold out.

There were some talks about some German and US F-collectors decided to reject an offer to buy a car, but that didn't stop Ferrari from filling all 499 slots in almost a heartbeat.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:29 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

I think you might need to review the definition of the word conspiracy.

Have you always taken everything Ferrari says at face value? Wait, no need to answer that...

Do you really believe they are scaling back production to preserve exclusivity or can you possibly entertain the idea that there are fewer customers for their cars now due to increased competition and changing economic climate?

There's really no shame here - McLaren and Porsche are doing the same world tours with their hypercars in order to fill up the order books. Frankly it is not as unbelievable as you might think that all the La Ferrari's (lol) are not yet sold. Let's not forget that Ferrari have the most expensive and least attractive offering of the trio and it comes with a very silly name.

>8^)
ER
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-11-2013, 09:10 AM
F1 Rookie
Banned User

Quote:
There's really no shame here - McLaren and Porsche are doing the same world tours with their hypercars in order to fill up the order books. Frankly it is not as unbelievable as you might think that all the La Ferrari's (lol) are not yet sold. Let's not forget that Ferrari have the most expensive and least attractive offering of the trio and it comes with a very silly name.
Please, McLaren and Porsche are not in the same league as Ferrari when it comes to selling halo cars. The fact that you actually believe that some customers would choose a McLaren or Porsche because they prefer the name is laughable. Get over the name fan boy, it's the only real fault you can find with the car. As for looks, they are subjective, but the Ferrari has universally been praised as a very good looking car since it's unveiling at Geneva. It is evident that the vast majority of people here like the looks. I love how it looks. The fact that the worlds biggest McLaren fan boy doesn't is no surprise to anyone - you're biased.

I still can't believe you actually think people would say no to the Ferrari and say they want a P1 or 918 instead. The truth is that a lot of P1 customers are only buying the car because they could not get an invite to buy the Ferrari - just ask Frefan if you don't believe me (lol).
Old 05-11-2013, 09:28 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Marnix
Quote:
Let's not forget that Ferrari have the most expensive and least attractive offering of the trio and it comes with a very silly name.

least attractive offering? Really? And who exactly are you to Judge? Driven one? Driven any car of the trio?

So you are not on the list then. I don't think Luca is losing any sleep over that. The LF is sold out and you have no fact whatsoever to argue otherwise.

PS. there are many people who don't really care about the name of the car is right.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:32 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

What does driving a car have to do with judging its visual appeal?

>8^)
ER
Old 05-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Chris A.
There is more demand for the LF than available supply. That is undisputed.

Of course Ferrari does a roadshow for the car to drum up excitement for the brand and it's revolutionary products.