Inside Cavallino Motors Co. Ltd ~ Bangkok Thailand | FerrariChat

Inside Cavallino Motors Co. Ltd ~ Bangkok Thailand

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Corsican, Oct 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Corsican

Corsican Karting

Sep 12, 2015
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard Pirics
    #1 Corsican, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I’ve been on holiday in Bangkok for the past 2 weeks; I lived in Bangkok for almost 5 years starting back in 2008 and now try to make two trips a year. My girlfriend and I were coming back from dinner the other night and as we were coming down Petchburi Rd. towards Asoke Rd. I noticed a large Ferrari Dealer. I had no idea there was a Ferrari dealership in Bangkok although I have seen several Ferrari motorcars on occasion around Bangkok.

I’ve been in the business of restoring vintage Ferrari interiors for more than 35 years mainly in Newport Beach, California and now in Naples, Florida. So my interests in getting a closer look at Cavallino Motors Co. Ltd was now a must do as my time in Bangkok was winding down. I grabbed a taxi the next morning and headed back to Cavallino hoping to maybe get a couple of pictures. I remembered I tried in the past to get some photos at several of the high end car dealers in Siam Paragon and unfortunately I was informed any photo taking was simply out of the question.

With that still on my mind I thought this attempt would be impossible as well, but at least be worth a try. As we drove up to the guard shack the gate was lifted and we were actually waved in, so far so good. I went inside and introduced myself, presented my business card and asked if it would be O.K. to get a few photos for my website and an article I was interested in writing. Reception was very courteous and politely said just a minute, one of the managers approached me, introduced himself and I explained I’m from America and have a small Ferrari interior restoration business in Florida and if it would be at all possible to get a couple of photos, I was starting to get the feeling that this was not going to happen. Another gentleman approached me, introduced himself as Mr. Waroad, Sales Executive and After Sales Director. Again, the politeness and courtesy was refreshing, but after all this is Thailand and that is the Thai style.

After a brief chat with Mr. Waroad I was not only given permission to take photos, I was given a 1st Class tour of the entire facility. We started with the 2nd floor showroom with an all glass wall looking out on to Petchburi Rd., the customer lounge, Service Dept. (No Photos) and the Pre-owned showroom. Mr. Waroad was extremely informative, answering all my questions regarding the Ferrari market in Thailand and in Southeast Asia. Cavallino Motors sells on average around 30 units per year with a projected number of 33 units for 2015. They are also expecting delivery of their yellow LaFerrari Hybrid in January of 2016 that will be part of an extensive private collection. The current popular model in Thailand according to Mr. Waroad is the 488 GTB. Cavallino Motors officially launched the Ferrari 488 GTB at an exclusive event held at The Postal Heritage Hall, Grand Postal Building in Bangkok back on 21 August 2015.

Just a brief background on Cavallino Motors Co. LTD, they are the sole authorized importer of Ferrari Motorcars in Thailand. The company officially opened on 20 July, 2009. Cavallino Motors is a collaborative effort between partners Mr. Vudha Bhirombhakdi, Chairman of Cavallino Motors, Chairman of Boonrawd Trading, Vice Chairman of Boonrawd Brewery, the largest brewery in Thailand and the producer of Singha Beer and Singha beverage products. Mr. Vudha is also Chairman of Bangkok Glass the largest bottling manufacturer in Thailand. Mr. Chalerm Yoovidhya, President of Cavallino Motors, CEO and Chairman of Siam Winery and Red Bull UK and Thailand. Mr. Voravud Bhirombhakdi and Mr. Varit Yoovidhya hold positions of Vice President and Executive Director and Mrs. Nandhamalee Bhirombhakdi is Managing Director of Cavallino Motors. The dealership is located on New Petchburi Road which is parallel to the prestigious business and residential Sukhumvit area of Bangkok. After the presence of Ferrari, the New Petchburi Road district has become the high end motorcar street of Bangkok with many automotive brands and importers moving to the area.

The first model to launch at Cavallino Motors was the V8 “Ferrari California” followed by limited models such as the Ferrari Scuderia Spider 16M which produced only 499 cars and the Ferrari 599 GTO exclusively produced 599 cars. The latest models are the V8 Ferrari 458 Italia, 458 Spider and the V12 Ferrari Four (FF), F12 Berlinetta. Currently limited production cars are the 458 Speciale, with production for only 1 year, 2014-2015. The 458 Speciale A with 499 units produced rounds out Cavallino’s limited models offered.

The main showroom and service center buildings were opened on 27 January, 2011 on a land area of 6,000 sq. m. The two-story building has a showroom with a large car display area and exclusive lounge that is finely appointed with all imported furniture from Cassina Italy. Cavallino Motors has a complete service center to service Ferrari cars by its staff of expert technicians that were all trained at the Ferrari factory in Maranello Italy.

Needless to say my visit and tour of Cavallino Motors was the highlight of my trip to Thailand and I feel most honored to have been afforded the opportunity to meet with Mr. Waroad Tamwiwat and to have been extended such courtesy. Thailand has long been known as “The Land of Smiles” and Bangkok “The Crown Jewel of Southeast Asia”. I can say with 100% certainty that Cavallino Motors Co. LTD is truly a Shinning Jewel in The Ferrari Crown.

A very special thanks to Cavallino Motors Co. LTD, Mr. Waroad Tamwiwat and the staff for granting me such open access to their facility and permission to photograph, “Inside Cavallino Motors Co. LTD. Bangkok Thailand”

Concours Interiors
    Naples, Florida U.S.A.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SizzleChest

SizzleChest Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2014
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Great looking dealer! Nice to know that they greeted you with open arms. Very cool. Thanks for posting!

3. Corsican

Corsican Karting

Sep 12, 2015
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard Pirics
    Thanks Sizzlechest, yes it was a first class tour of the dealership all the way. The courtesy extended too me made the tour of Cavallino the highlight of my entire trip to Thailand.

4. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    thanks Richard for the excellent photo and nice write above....what really caught my attention is the 348 in the stable....is that a competizione model by any chance.?

5. Corsican

Corsican Karting

Sep 12, 2015
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard Pirics
    Hi bikz, glad you enjoyed the photos and the article, the 348 is not a competizione.

6. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    the seats and rims made me think they could have been one of the 8 RHD made ....(drools)... ;-) was it a standard tb/GTB?

7. Corsican

Corsican Karting

Sep 12, 2015
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard Pirics
    I couldn't look inside, the doors were locked and the windows heavily tinted. Stunning either way!!

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Very nice to read of Ferrari courtesy by Cavallino Motors as they opened doors for your personal tour . Great story and write-up of your visit with photographs to. Thank you for sharing your story and photographs here!